This is one of those easy, healthy, gluten free meals you make when you really are hungry and don’t want to spend very long cooking. The meal took me 10 minutes to make and much longer to eat. The trick to this meal, is to have the ingredients on hand! I tend to always have these items […]
10 Minute Gluten Free Vegetarian Mexican Burritos Recipe
Recipe for Quinoa and Vegetable Stuffed Zucchini
Zucchini is typically a summer vegetable but of course you can buy it year round. I typically only cook these in the summer but I was really missing my zucchini. It’s also one of the few vegetables I can make into fritters and my son will eat them. I’ll share that recipe tomorrow in case […]
More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow
A couple of years ago I stumbled upon a blog about cooking in slow cookers that was all gluten free, A Year of Slow Cooking. I really liked the recipes I found and was encouraged to dig out my crockpot and use it again. Every day that year there would be a new recipe. I […]
Garlic Scapes Stir-Fry with Salmon and Quinoa
I love visiting the farmers markets and finding vegetables that are new to me. Garlic Scapes found me last week. Garlic Scapes are the flower stems that the garlic plants produce as they are maturing. Many farmers will cut them off so all of the growing energy and nutrients go to the garlic bulb. They […]
Friday Foodie Fix -Quinoa
Until I started eating gluten free I had no idea what quinoa was or even how it was pronounced. Now it’s the Secret Ingredient for this week’s Friday Foodie Fix. Quinoa originated in South America where it has been an important food for 6000 years. Now you can purchase quinoa and products made with quinoa […]
Blueberry and Blackberry Crumble Pie
I have not made this pie since last summer and can’t wait to get busy on this again. I think this week I may use this same process and use the strawberries that are in season. What are your favorite berries? What fruit combinations do you bake? So far I’ve only found one problem with […]
Quinoa Salad, It’s a Meal
This salad is packed with protein and great if you are living gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian or vegan. If you need meat in what you eat, add it, but it can stand up on it’s own. When adding the corn, my favorite is to grill a couple ears, cut off the kernels and add […]
Lavender Chicken with Tropical Red Quinoa
As you can see my menu can shift ingredients when needed. I didn’t have the peppers needed for my intended side dish but I was very happy with what I came up with. The great part about the lavender chicken is, it was already cooked. I had made extra last month and stored them in […]
Macadamia Nut Crusted Tilapia with Vegetables & Quinoa
Opening the refrigerator 1 hour before dinner, I worked on using things I had leftover from previous meals. The macadamia nut breading mixture and the quinoa were waiting in the refrigerator. When I am putting together dinner I know what my protein will be, but sometimes not really how I will prepare it or what […]
Salmon, Green beans with Shallots and Red Quinoa
Tonight’s dinner was a quick fix with a enough leftover quinoa for other meals. I took advantage of a seasoning mix that is already combined so all I have to do is shake. Penzeys Spices carries many varieties. If you try any of the recipes on this blog please take a picture and send it […]
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- Easy Gluten Free Avocado Toast August 3, 2015
- You Need to Read This Today October 13, 2014
- 5 Gifts From 5 Years of Gluten Free Blogging August 9, 2013
- Smoky Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeño Hash Recipe July 30, 2013
- Soft, Chewy, Melt in Your Mouth Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies Recipe July 14, 2013
- Jessica: That's such a great idea, looks easy enough t...
- mom: try working 40-70 hours a week, single mom, full-t...
- Zucchini Bread or Muffins | Creative Cooking Gluten Free: [...] Featured on The Whole Gang’s Friday Fo...
- Friends and Kale Chips «: [...] too many cooks can be a good thing when you ...
- Oatmeal Brulee, It\'s for Breakfast! | gfe--gluten free easily: [...] of Leanne Ely)—all right here. The re...