Welcome back to our weekly event, Friday Foodie Fix. This is where you link up your gluten free recipes each week that contain the Secret Ingredient!
You will also find each week there will be loads of information on that ingredient so even if you don’t have any recipes to share, you’ll gather some useful information.
Make sure you check back to see what recipes have been added.
This week’s secret ingredient is School Lunches.
Well that depends on what you put into those lunches. Let’s see what great ideas you have for healthy lunches now that many are back to packing them.
How to Buy
Look for fresh single ingredient foods, not foods in a box.
How to Store
Lunches need to be kept cool if they are perishable. Use an icepack or better yet freeze a smoothie and let it be the icepack for you.
Get the kids involved in the planning and the making of their own school lunches.
Last Week’s Favorite Links
The Tasty Alternative shared Sweet and Sour Chicken
Jaime and Me shared Crispy Salmon with Variety of Peppers
Tess the Domestic Diva shared Easy Cuban Picadillo
Linking up Guidelines
- Share your own recipe using the Secret Ingredient. This must be your recipe, not copied from someone else. If you were inspired by another recipe you MUST ALWAYS note that in your recipe.
- Link the URL of your Specific Individual Recipe Post, NOT to your home page.
- Please link back to this post, not a static page so your readers can find the recipes here.
- When you link, please tell us what you’re sharing.
- This is a Gluten Free Resource so please make sure you share gluten free recipes.
- Recipes do not need to be brand new on your blog, just your own and contain the Secret Ingredient.
- There is no limit to how many times you can post on any given Secret Ingredient, just Link Back.
- Please use the FFF icon in your post and feel free to add it to your sidebar! Here’s the code: <a href=”http://www.thewholegang.org/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://www.thewholegang.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/FFF-thewholegang.jpg” width=261 height=256 border=0></a>
Next Week’s Secret Ingredient for Friday Foodie Fix is … Chicken!
Now it’s your turn to share your gluten free recipes with school lunches below.
Hey Diane–I've linked up two school lunch posts that I wrote for Sunny's Healthy Lunchbox Series (this year and last). 🙂