Welcome back to our weekly event, Friday Foodie Fix. This is where you link up your gluten free recipes each week that contain the Secret Ingredient!
You will also find each week there will be loads of information on that ingredient so even if you don’t have any recipes to share, you’ll gather some useful information.
Make sure you check back to see what recipes have been added.
This week’s secret ingredient is Chicken.
Chicken is a great source of protein and vitamin B6 plus it contains vitamin B3 or niacin. It also contains the minerals selenium and phosphorus. It’s typically available just about anywhere you go but be very particular about the quality you purchase.
How to Buy
Look for organic, no hormones or antibiotics and free range. When you have a happy chicken you are going to have the best tasting chicken you’ve ever eaten. Look for good color and soft to the touch. You don’t want a hard piece of meat as it will not have as much flavor.
How to Store
Keep very cold in the refrigerator and use within a day or two of purchase. You can also freeze.
Always look at the date it was packaged and the date it should be sold by. I also smell the package. It should not have any smell. If you can get it from a local organic free range farm you are in for a real treat.
Last Week’s Favorite Links
gluten free easily shared Double Chocolate Nut Butter Oaties
Cook It Allergy Free shared 50+ Allergy Friendly Lunchbox Ideas
Tess the Domestic Diva shared 10 GF Wraps
Linking up Guidelines
- Share your own recipe using the Secret Ingredient. This must be your recipe, not copied from someone else. If you were inspired by another recipe you MUST ALWAYS note that in your recipe.
- Link the URL of your Specific Individual Recipe Post, NOT to your home page.
- Please link back to this post, not a static page so your readers can find the recipes here.
- When you link, please tell us what you’re sharing.
- This is a Gluten Free Resource so please make sure you share gluten free recipes.
- Recipes do not need to be brand new on your blog, just your own and contain the Secret Ingredient.
- There is no limit to how many times you can post on any given Secret Ingredient, just Link Back.
- Please use the FFF icon in your post and feel free to add it to your sidebar! Here’s the code: <a href=”http://www.thewholegang.org/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://www.thewholegang.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/FFF-thewholegang.jpg” width=261 height=256 border=0></a>
Next Week’s Secret Ingredient for Friday Foodie Fix is … Apples!
Now it’s your turn to share your gluten free recipes with chicken below.
Comments are closed.