This looks to be an exciting week. First is the Gluten Free Thanksgiving Progressive Dinner Party starts today. You’re invited to attend this dinner party every day this week. It will be held over 8 different blogs and Monday through Friday of this week. By the end of the week we’ll have your gluten free Thanksgiving menu all ready for you, complete with recipes and photos.
Your hosts this week will be Gluten Free Girl, Book of Yum, gfe-gluten free easily, The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen, A Year of Slow Cooking, Gluten Free Organics, Cook4Seasons and me! Feel free to RSVP and let us know if you’ll be stopping by so we’ll know how much to cook.
Here’s the schedule:
- Ali and Jean will be serving DRINKS on Monday, Nov. 16 at The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen and Gluten Free Organics
- Karen, Jean and Seamaiden will be serving APPETIZERS on Tuesday, Nov. 17 at Cook4Seasons, Gluten Free Organics and Book of Yum
- Ali and Shirley will be serving MAIN COURSE on Wednesday, Nov. 18 at The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen and gfe-gluten free easily
- Diane, Stephanie, Ali and Shauna will be serving the SIDE DISH/SALAD on Thursday, Nov. 19 at The W.H.O.L.E. Gang, A Year of Slow Cooking, The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen and Gluten Free Girl
- Karen, Jean and Ali be serving DESSERT on Friday, Nov. 20 at Cook4Seasons, The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen and Gluten Free Organics
If you’re looking for a good Mexican meal out and you live near Washington, D.C. you’ll want to read my restaurant review, Oyamel Restaurant Gluten Free Review. They have a very interesting menu including all of the ingredients you’re used to and goat, beef tongue, cactus and grasshoppers. You’ll have to read the review to see which ones I ate. I’m headed back this weekend so maybe I’ll try what I missed.
We’re also having company! We’ll have a mix of eating out and my cooking. I love to cook for company. It’s just as easy to cook for 2 or 22, so the more the merrier. Either way I’m playing in the kitchen. Next week’s menu will be a mix of eating out and really easy meals with all of the Thanksgiving preparations that will be going on in my kitchen.
This week’s Secret Ingredient for Friday Foodie Fix is Turkey. If you missed Friday Foodie Fix – Squash, you’ll want to go back and check out all of the great recipes shared.
Monday – Mediterranean Tuna Pasta with Artichokes
Tuesday – Beef and Pork Cabbage Soup
Wednesday –Garlic Garbanzo Bean, Swiss Chard and Pancetta Soup and Sandwiches
Thursday – Shrimp With Buffalo & Pork Chipotle Chorizo
Friday– Soccer Pot Luck meal- Chicken Wings and Gluten and Dairy Free BBQ Jalapeño Poppers
Saturday – Eating Out – Oyamel
Sunday – Strip Steaks, Hand Cut Oven Fries, Broccoli
For more menus visit Orgjunkie.
One more thing. Have you heard about Drop In and Decorate? Why not make gluten free cookies for donation! You can read all about it on A Year of Slow Cooking.
What a great line up you and the other bloggers have going on for Thanksgiving! It looks great and I already checked out Ali's cranberry orange punch. YUM!
Thanks so much,
Sarah- Glad you're enjoying the progressive dinner and I agree, we have great bloggers joining in. It should be a lot of fun. I hope you make it to dessert!
Sounds like a busy and yummy week.
Rona- I hope you'll follow our progressive dinner party. I love virtual parties. Good food and low calories!