The Pittsburgh Pirates will be hosting a special day at the ballpark to honor and recognize individuals and families affected by celiac disease within our region. This special awareness and fundraising event will help to support awareness and patient programs of the Celiac Spruce Association, Gluten Intolerance Group of North America, and the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness throughout the region. Grab a flyer here.
Sunday, September 27, 2009- 1:35p.m.
Pittsburgh Pirates vs. LA Dodgers
Fan Appreciation Day at PNC Park
Outfield Box -$20 ($5 dollars donated)
L/R Grandstand -$12 ($2 dollars donated)
- Guests are permitted to bring bottled water (under 24 ounces) and food that may fit into a 16” X 16” X 8” soft-sided bag.
- We strongly encourage people to use judgment when consuming items and we cannot guarantee items to be gluten free.
- Groups of 20 or more will be recognized with their group name on the color LED Board.
- Individual flyer orders that are collected and mailed in one envelope will be seated together.
- Deadline for Pirates ticket orders is seven (7) days prior to the game and all orders are subject to availability.
- All orders within ten (10) days of event will be held for pickup at the main ticket office at PNC Park on game date.
- Questions and ticket orders should be directed to Chaz Kellem at 412-325-4731 in order to receive the special ticket discount.
Celiac Awareness Day
City: ___________________ State: _______ Zip: ________
Phone: _____________ Email: _______________________________
Accessible Seating: Yes (Number of seats required ___) No
____ Outfield Box @ $20.00 = $ ________________
____ L/R Grandstand @ $12.00 = $ ________________
Service Fee per Order = $ 3.00 per order____
Grand Total = $ ________________
Circle Method of Payment: Visa MasterCard AMEX Discover
CC#: _______________________________________ Exp: ______________ Check # ________________
Make checks payable to Pittsburgh Pirates.
Please mail to:
Celiac Awareness Day
PNC Park at North Shore
115 Federal Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Sounds like a neat event! Hopefully, they'll get a huge turnout and decide to feature gluten-free items on a regular basis. I'm pretty sure the Washington Nationals have a vendor who has several gluten-free items … if I recall correctly, gluten-free soft pretzels and beer. Have you ever been, Diane?
Shirley- I've not been to a Nats game in some time. They may have some gluten free items but I'm not sure. There are many parks that are finally getting on this band wagon. If I ever get the gumption, I'm going to check in with all of them to see who's GF friendly and who is not. Of course just offering the food doesn't mean it's actually going to be GF when you eat it.