The first time I was given coconut water to drink I really didn’t eat coconut or anything that tasted anything like a coconut. I was apprehensive to say the least. I was assured it did not taste like coconut so I gave it a try. Guess what, they were right. It is sweet and refreshing and did not taste like coconuts. I’m sure this will read like an advertisement for this coconut water but after I read this and tried it I was hooked. You can visit their website and gather much more information. To purchase the product I find mine at Whole Foods and it’s also in my Amazon store in the food section. The link is to the left. If you drink this regularly or give it a try please leave a comment on your opinion.
I like the O.N.E. brand of coconut water. I use it in my morning fruit smoothie and I drink it down in the heat of the summer when I’m outside losing too many electrolytes. Another thing I like about this brand is the packaging is recyclable. So give it a try and please, recycle it.
According to the O.N.E. website here are the key health benefits:
- O.N.E.™ Coconut Water is excellent for replacing lost electrolytes from exercise or illness
- O.N.E.™ Coconut Water is an all-natural sports/energy drink
- O.N.E.™ Coconut Water is a natural isotonic beverage – contains a similar level of electrolytes found in human blood.
- O.N.E.™ Coconut Water may help promote smoother, more hydrated skin
- O.N.E.™ Coconut Water is non-allergenic
- O.N.E.™ Coconut Water is rich in potassium. Potassium helps regulate blood pressure and heart function
- O.N.E.™ Coconut Water is an effective oral rehydration medium and keeps the body cool.
So what is coconut water and where does it come from. More info from the O.N.E. website:
O.N.E.™ Coconut Water is the water from inside the young green coconut. The water is extracted from the coconut at approximately seven months, before the meat grows. While the meat of the coconut (from which coconut milk and oils are extracted) is rich in fat and protein; O.N.E.™ Coconut Water has no fat. Our Coconut Water is naturally filtered through the dense fibers of the coconut creating a nutritious, pure, and refreshing isotonic beverage.
O.N.E.™ Coconut Water is 100% natural, and has five essential electrolytes (calcium, potassium, phosphorous, magnesium and sodium), more potassium than a banana (15 times the amount of potassium as most sports drinks, without the artificial chemicals found in sports drinks.), no added sugars, no fat, no cholesterol, and no preservatives. Additionally, O.N.E.™ Coconut Water is a naturally sweet, low calorie, hydrating beverage.
Due to proprietary manufacturing processes, O.N.E.™ Coconut Water never comes into contact with light or oxygen, maintaining its fresh taste and nutrient content.
O.N.E.™ Coconut Water is gently flash pasteurized to protect you from harmful bacteria.
Here are some other interesting claims about coconut water but keep in mind they have not been evaluated, reviewed or confirmed by the FDA. (Provide your own mental pictures.)
- All natural hangover elixir
- Effective in dissolving kidney stones
- Stimulates and Strengthens reproductive functions
- Used in WW II and Vietnam War to save many soldiers lives
Comments are closed.