Yep, a burger! Why not? I love everything that goes into the salad, why not turn it into a burger. For some folks, especially the ones at my house, burgers are more fun to eat than a salad. So take all of the ingredients and turn it into a burger. Wrap the burger in a […]
Here’s a piece of advice I need to follow in the future. Don’t watch The Tudors while cooking or things will likely burn on top of the stove. Well I was not paying attention to my skillet and my turkey-roni started to burn. Still not paying attention, I added the liquid which then revealed liquid. […]
I love the smoky flavor of chipotle and cumin. It can really change a boring corn soup into something exciting. Well it can do the same for ground turkey. In my effort to eat less beef, I’ll be making burgers this month with ground chicken and turkey with a little sausage added in once in […]
Some days you just need easy. Well this meal is very easy. The yam and the broccoli I cooked in the microwave and seasoned with chipotle when served. The turkey breast is just adorable. You can see the size compared to the yam. I find these at my local Whole Foods. If you can’t find […]
Today I spent the day watching the festivities just down the road from Washington, D.C. What a grand day for our country to watch the peaceful transfer of power and to its first African American President. There is a strong feeling of hope in our country again. I can’t wait to see what is born […]
I can thank my oldest son Andy for introducing me to Indian food. He’s a vegetarian and has found the greatest number of vegetarian dishes he enjoys are Indian and he asked me to cook them for him. He’s off at college now but I’m continuing on in learning to use different blends of spices […]
Another busy day and one where I knew I would be away from home. You know what that means, Crockpot! I love turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy. I think I however alone in the love at my house. But since I’m the cook that’s what was for dinner. The turkey (organic of course) was […]
This is the easiest meatloaf I ever made and the juiciest. Ingredients: 2 pounds of ground meat- you can use a combination of beef, veal, pork or turkey and veal or just a single type. If you use only turkey make sure it’s a mix of white and dark meats so there is enough fat […]
Ingredients: 1 large diced onion ½ red pepper diced 1 pablano pepper diced ½-1 cup corn 1 can organic pinto beans 1 7oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes 1 TB Cumin 1 tsp Expote 1 TB Cilantro 1 tsp Aleppo chili powder 2 TB Ancho chili powder 1-2 whole casabella peppers Penzey’s 1 clove Garlic […]
3 corn tortillas 1 can refried beans (pinto or black) or 2 cups homemade 7 oz green salsa 6 oz cooked turkey (sub peppers if vegetarian, can always use pork, beef or chorizo) ½ tsp Expote ½ tsp Chipotle Powder (use less if you don’t like spicy hot foods) ½ tsp Aleppo chili powder (can […]
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- 5 Gifts From 5 Years of Gluten Free Blogging August 9, 2013
- Smoky Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeño Hash Recipe July 30, 2013
- Soft, Chewy, Melt in Your Mouth Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies Recipe July 14, 2013
- Southwest Shrimp Sliders Recipe April 16, 2013
- 10 Minute Gluten Free Vegetarian Mexican Burritos Recipe April 3, 2013
- Jessica: That's such a great idea, looks easy enough t...
- mom: try working 40-70 hours a week, single mom, full-t...
- Zucchini Bread or Muffins | Creative Cooking Gluten Free: [...] Featured on The Whole Gang’s Friday Fo...
- Friends and Kale Chips «: [...] too many cooks can be a good thing when you ...
- Oatmeal Brulee, It\'s for Breakfast! | gfe--gluten free easily: [...] of Leanne Ely)—all right here. The re...