It’s not too soon to start prepping for Thanksgiving if you want to have control over the ingredients in the foods you and your family will be eating and save money. Yes, as you can see I am a bit of a control freak. I like to save money, pick which ingredients we don’t eat [...]
Simply Dressed Meatballs are one of those fast, easy and tasty bites you can create that will help simplify your daily meal routine. Make a batch and eat some now then freeze the leftovers for a fast meal later. I love to take meals and salads and make them into burgers or meatballs or the [...]
When life gets too crazy or just too overwhelming, I cook. I love to cook and spending a day in the kitchen really relaxes me. Of course we then end up with tons of cooked food. Funny these need to cook days are not scheduled and don’t happen to coincide with lots of people being at my [...]
If you’ve never had a Turducken before or don’t know what it is let me share. Turducken is a Cajun dish that is a turkey stuffed with a duck that’s stuffed with a chicken that is stuffed with a cornbread stuffing. The stuffing can have fresh andoullie sausage in the mix. You can also have [...]
Happy Black Friday. This was the day that traditionally everyone started their holiday shopping and it would take businesses from the “red”, ink used to show a loss, to “black”, ink used to show profit. Stores still have big sales that start at ridiculous early morning hours and hope you will come in and buy, [...]
What else could this week’s Secret Ingredient be for Friday Foodie Fix but turkey! Come check out all of the recipes shared today.
How would you like a really fast and easy way to cook a big bird and have it turn out so juicy and full of flavor? Let’s say a whole chicken in an hour and a large turkey in 70-90 minutes. Yes, a 12 pounder! “No way!” you say. Well if you spatchcock it, your [...]
Eating out every night while on vacation can be expensive and often difficult with my crew. We each have our own dietary restrictions. Gluten free and dairy free for 2 of us, gluten free for one and a soy free vegetarian rounds out our clan. I feel sorry for anyone who waits on us. So [...]
Have on Hand Gluten Free and Dairy Free Soup or Turkey and Pork Noodle Soup with Spinach, Mushrooms and Ostrich
This soup is called Have on Hand Soup because the ingredients list was created by what I had on hand. It was so fast and easy to make because I used many ingredients that were already cooked. So think of this as a method more than a specific recipe. Take the method and change the [...]
I love when the farmers markets open and the local fresh vegetables start showing up. Fresh lettuces and tasty little cucumbers. Of course the herbs and vegetables you grow yourself are organic and as local as it gets. They’re also priced right. This salad was created by what was available at the farmers market, my [...]
2013 Cookbook Desk Calendar
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- Southwest Shrimp Sliders Recipe April 16, 2013
- 10 Minute Gluten Free Vegetarian Mexican Burritos Recipe April 3, 2013
- Spring Asparagus and Olive Gluten Free Pasta Recipe March 25, 2013
- Fast and Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe March 12, 2013
- The Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook February 26, 2013
- Diane Eblin: I have no idea. It's fresh so I wouldn'...
- Sharon S.: I love the Simply Dressed Ranch but I don't h...
- Diane Eblin: Wow those are great questions and I really don...
- loisstarr: Two questions: If I substitute oranges for clement...
- Diane Eblin: Lorraine once a day on the smoothie is good. ...