In my world of too much and not enough, that is too much to do and not enough time to do it, I need some fast, go to meals that have real ingredients. I started looking at what the commercials were pushing at us that was unhealthy, but promised fast, easy and inexpensive. My thought […]
Pastelón is a popular meal in the regions of the world where plantains grow in great quantities. This dish is referred to as Plantain Lasagna, a layered baked dish that builds upon fried plantains. It has the sweetness of the plantains and the saltiness of olives all blended with ground beef. It has a wonderful flavor, […]
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I hope you all have a day filled with luck and happiness. I know you’ll love this twist on a traditional recipe. As always it’s gluten and dairy free.
At the beginning of this year, before things started going crazy, I was reading one of the really good food blogs I follow, Kalyn’s Kitchen. She has great recipes and so many of them are naturally gluten free. Make sure you take time to look around her blog. She shared a recipe for West African […]
Gluten and dairy free fast soup that taste like it cooked all day long. It’s part of the Gluten Free Light Winter Warmers Progressive Dinner Party. Check out all of the places to party this week!
This is my winter version of Roasted Tomato and Basil Soup. In the winter there are no fresh local tomatoes. Buying tomatoes at the grocery store means they are coming from far away and I know they will not be as amazing as those fresh picked summer tomatoes. Oh I how love those summer tomatoes. […]
If you are looking for a quick dish that tastes amazing, looks difficult and expensive but really is fast, easy and cheap you found it. Now throw in that it’s gluten, dairy, and soy free and we have a go to meal! What takes the longest is waiting for the water to boil for […]
Do you like to make your own spaghetti sauce? Do you know which type of tomatoes to use? Watch Susan Russo from FoodBlogga and she’ll get you on the right track. She’ll even share with you what it’s really called. Well, at least that’s what I grew up calling it. Watch and listen closely. I […]
This Pork and Vegetable Spaghetti Arrabiata meal was a big hit. The taste and texture was so good we kept eating even though we were full. There was just enough heat to make it flavorful but not overpowering. I used a quinoa pasta to keep it gluten free and no cheese to keep it dairy […]
Tomatoes seem to be an easy thing to grow. I’m getting tons from my CSA and even a few from my father-in-law’s garden. His actually tasted better. I think next year I’ll give it a try and grow some. I love the orange ones and I only received a few in my CSA. But for […]
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- 5 Gifts From 5 Years of Gluten Free Blogging August 9, 2013
- Smoky Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeño Hash Recipe July 30, 2013
- Soft, Chewy, Melt in Your Mouth Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies Recipe July 14, 2013
- Southwest Shrimp Sliders Recipe April 16, 2013
- 10 Minute Gluten Free Vegetarian Mexican Burritos Recipe April 3, 2013
- Jessica: That's such a great idea, looks easy enough t...
- mom: try working 40-70 hours a week, single mom, full-t...
- Zucchini Bread or Muffins | Creative Cooking Gluten Free: [...] Featured on The Whole Gang’s Friday Fo...
- Friends and Kale Chips «: [...] too many cooks can be a good thing when you ...
- Oatmeal Brulee, It\'s for Breakfast! | gfe--gluten free easily: [...] of Leanne Ely)—all right here. The re...