Recently we went to eat at Jaleo restaurant in DC. We had a great meal and have been craving more tapas ever since. To see my full review visit Gluten Free Food Critic. I just happened to have Jose Andres cookbook, A Taste of Spain in America. I looked through the recipes to see if […]
This week’s Secret Ingredient for Friday Foodie Fix is Shrimp! I’m a huge fan of shrimp and I’m not the only one. Shirley at Gluten Free Easily is too. Shrimp is an excellent source of protein. They are a rich source of selenium, phosphorus, iron, copper, magnesium and zinc. It also has good amount of […]
One thing I love about a shrimp dinner is it is fast and easy clean up. Two things that make me and my husband (clean up duty) very happy. This what we needed last night. So I veered off the menu plan and started grabbing things out of the refrigerator, pantry and out to my […]
This week has been a wonderful vacation to Laguna Beach, California. We’ve eaten our way through local restaurants and gathered supplies to cook from the local Whole Foods Market. We choose to stay at The Carriage House Bed and Breakfast with a kitchenette in order to cook a few meals to insure gluten free and […]
Ok so I’m a little obsessed with buffalo wing sauce. I love it. I like to use it in many dishes because I can get pretty bored eating buffalo chicken wings all the time. Besides, the chicken skin can be a little fattening if eaten too often. I was craving the sauce and I had […]
These little treats are great for breakfast, lunch or dinner and even as appetizers. What could be more versatile? You can also use whatever protein suits your fancy. Beef, pork, chicken or even keep it vegetarian with peppers and onions or chipotle mushrooms. They are also gluten free and casein free. ¡Buenos Dias! Ingredients: Corn […]
Shrimp is a wonderful mild pallet in which to paint your favorite combination of seasonings. It is also a very quick fix protein for your meal. Pair up these spicy Chipotle Shrimp with Tostados, Pizza, Tacos, Fruit Salsas, rice and refried beans and whatever else you can imagine. Remember the two secrets to cooking shrimp: […]
These shrimp are a quick go to meal around my house. I change up the spices for whatever mood I’m in and this is my chipotle version. Thawing and cleaning takes the most time. If you purchase shrimp already thawed, cleaned and deveined all you need to do is rinse up and dry to get […]
As we sat down to dinner last night my husband pointed out this was an expensive dinner. He didn’t know my secret. Yes there were scallops, shrimp and lobster but I had not spent a fortune on them and the lobster had been in the freezer for months just waiting for the perfect recipe. The […]
I love meals that I can pull together in 15-30 minutes. I don’t know about you but some nights I’m either so hungry if I wait for an involved dinner I’ll be eating everything else in the kitchen, or I just don’t have a lot of time to cook. Either way shrimp is a great […]
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- 5 Gifts From 5 Years of Gluten Free Blogging August 9, 2013
- Smoky Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeño Hash Recipe July 30, 2013
- Soft, Chewy, Melt in Your Mouth Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies Recipe July 14, 2013
- Southwest Shrimp Sliders Recipe April 16, 2013
- 10 Minute Gluten Free Vegetarian Mexican Burritos Recipe April 3, 2013
- Jessica: That's such a great idea, looks easy enough t...
- mom: try working 40-70 hours a week, single mom, full-t...
- Zucchini Bread or Muffins | Creative Cooking Gluten Free: [...] Featured on The Whole Gang’s Friday Fo...
- Friends and Kale Chips «: [...] too many cooks can be a good thing when you ...
- Oatmeal Brulee, It\'s for Breakfast! | gfe--gluten free easily: [...] of Leanne Ely)—all right here. The re...