Recently we went to eat at Jaleo restaurant in DC. We had a great meal and have been craving more tapas ever since. To see my full review visit Gluten Free Food Critic. I just happened to have Jose Andres cookbook, A Taste of Spain in America. I looked through the recipes to see if […]
How do you make your vegetables tasty to those who are not into the veggies like you are, Grill Them! Especially a wood or charcoal grill with a grill basket or flat grill pan. This was how I introduced my husband to zucchini and yellow squash. When I started I also grilled other vegetables I […]
After spending 24 hours smelling this wonderful beef brisket cooking in my house we had to have it for dinner tonight. I was originally making it to have on hand for other dishes like pupusas, tamales, tacos, BBQ and many others. I decided today as I was pulling the meat out, at which time […]
This is an easy gluten free side dish that I served with the Father’s Day dinner. I’m sharing the meal one post at a time. Not sure if I should show you the appetizer and dessert or hold out until tomorrow. Maybe this afternoon I’ll post the dessert. It was one of my favorites in […]
I grew up outside of Philly and on cheese steaks. I really miss them. I don’t think anyone can recreate those crusty Italian hoagie rolls they are served on anywhere, gluten free or regular. I think it must be something in the water. With no equal roll around, these cheese steaks are served on a […]
I love potatoes. If I could, I would live on potatoes and chocolate, but not necessarily together. Although, I have had chocolate dipped potato chips and they were very tasty. Back to our fingerling potatoes. These potatoes are a great side dish to fix when you want something that does not take a long time […]
I love crab cakes but Sodium Acid Pyroposphates (SAPP) in canned crab does not love me. This is what you find in canned crab like Phillip’s that is added to prevent the formation of struvite crystals. Those crystals are harmless, they just look like ground glass and tend to freak people out. So in order […]
My husband says I have a gift of opening the refrigerator and creating a meal from random ingredients. I call it make it up as I go cooking at the last minute because I didn’t finish the plan. Shhh, don’t tell him. I don’t want to ruin his image of me. My plan was to […]
Some days you just need easy. Well this meal is very easy. The yam and the broccoli I cooked in the microwave and seasoned with chipotle when served. The turkey breast is just adorable. You can see the size compared to the yam. I find these at my local Whole Foods. If you can’t find […]
Another busy day and one where I knew I would be away from home. You know what that means, Crockpot! I love turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy. I think I however alone in the love at my house. But since I’m the cook that’s what was for dinner. The turkey (organic of course) was […]
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- You Need to Read This Today October 13, 2014
- 5 Gifts From 5 Years of Gluten Free Blogging August 9, 2013
- Smoky Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeño Hash Recipe July 30, 2013
- Soft, Chewy, Melt in Your Mouth Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies Recipe July 14, 2013
- Southwest Shrimp Sliders Recipe April 16, 2013
- Jessica: That's such a great idea, looks easy enough t...
- mom: try working 40-70 hours a week, single mom, full-t...
- Zucchini Bread or Muffins | Creative Cooking Gluten Free: [...] Featured on The Whole Gang’s Friday Fo...
- Friends and Kale Chips «: [...] too many cooks can be a good thing when you ...
- Oatmeal Brulee, It\'s for Breakfast! | gfe--gluten free easily: [...] of Leanne Ely)—all right here. The re...