This Pork and Vegetable Spaghetti Arrabiata meal was a big hit. The taste and texture was so good we kept eating even though we were full. There was just enough heat to make it flavorful but not overpowering. I used a quinoa pasta to keep it gluten free and no cheese to keep it dairy [...]
Recently I’ve heard Posole mentioned a few times on the TV and then read about it in the newspaper. To me that’s a sign I need to get cooking. Posole is a traditional Christmas Eve soup served in New Mexico. It’s known as a ceremonial dish for celebrating life’s blessings. I didn’t want to wait [...]
Recently we went to eat at Jaleo restaurant in DC. We had a great meal and have been craving more tapas ever since. To see my full review visit Gluten Free Food Critic. I just happened to have Jose Andres cookbook, A Taste of Spain in America. I looked through the recipes to see if [...]
Every Wednesday I have no idea what I’m going to receive in my CSA bag. When I bring it home I love to create dishes from as many of the vegetables in one dish as I can. Of course the more vegetables I include the stronger the seasoning has to be so the vegetables are [...]
I grew up outside of Philly and there are a few foods I ate that I really miss now that I am eating gluten free and dairy free. Cheese Steaks and Hoagies (not a sub) on an Italian roll, Tastykakes, Hot Pretzels and Scrapple. Well I’m working my way through the list and have eaten [...]
Eating out every night while on vacation can be expensive and often difficult with my crew. We each have our own dietary restrictions. Gluten free and dairy free for 2 of us, gluten free for one and a soy free vegetarian rounds out our clan. I feel sorry for anyone who waits on us. So [...]
With Friday Foodie Fix approaching rather fast, like tomorrow, I decided tonight I would cook up the Swiss Chard. As I started pulling it out of the refrigerator I grabbed some pancetta, garlic, leeks and a yellow onion. I thought the pork and the onions would add great flavor to the soup. This was a [...]
Have on Hand Gluten Free and Dairy Free Soup or Turkey and Pork Noodle Soup with Spinach, Mushrooms and Ostrich
This soup is called Have on Hand Soup because the ingredients list was created by what I had on hand. It was so fast and easy to make because I used many ingredients that were already cooked. So think of this as a method more than a specific recipe. Take the method and change the [...]
This week’s Friday Foodie Fix Secret Ingredient is Pork. I usually have fruits and vegetables but didn’t want to leave out meats totally. Especially the one that gives us bacon. I think bacon and pancetta are two of my favorite ingredients next to onions and garlic. But here’s the thing. I only buy organic uncured [...]
These little gems are as much fun to make as they are to eat. Wait, that sounds like an old commercial. But, if you are looking for a low cost meal you hit the jackpot. I first saw pupusas at the DC United Soccer game. There was a little stand in the stadium that sold [...]
2013 Cookbook Desk Calendar
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- Southwest Shrimp Sliders Recipe April 16, 2013
- 10 Minute Gluten Free Vegetarian Mexican Burritos Recipe April 3, 2013
- Spring Asparagus and Olive Gluten Free Pasta Recipe March 25, 2013
- Fast and Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe March 12, 2013
- The Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook February 26, 2013
- Diane Eblin: I have no idea. It's fresh so I wouldn'...
- Sharon S.: I love the Simply Dressed Ranch but I don't h...
- Diane Eblin: Wow those are great questions and I really don...
- loisstarr: Two questions: If I substitute oranges for clement...
- Diane Eblin: Lorraine once a day on the smoothie is good. ...