Review of The Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook by Ree Drummond and my gluten free, dairy free version of her BBQ Jalapeno Poppers.
This Pork and Vegetable Spaghetti Arrabiata meal was a big hit. The taste and texture was so good we kept eating even though we were full. There was just enough heat to make it flavorful but not overpowering. I used a quinoa pasta to keep it gluten free and no cheese to keep it dairy […]
Are you looking for a new fun menu for your next picnic or tailgate party? Then you might want to give this Chili Chicken and Shrimp with Avocado Salsa, Roasted Jalapeno and Pablanos a try. This meal traveled well, tasted delicious, and was easy to pull together. All of the ingredients are gluten free, dairy […]
This week’s Secret Ingredient for Friday Foodie Fix is Peppers. Red or green or both. According to Wikipedia: The term “bell pepper” is the American name for some fruits of the Capsicum annuum species of plants. The misleading name “pepper” (pimiento in Spanish) was given by Christopher Columbus upon bringing the plant back to Europe. […]
Recently I’ve heard Posole mentioned a few times on the TV and then read about it in the newspaper. To me that’s a sign I need to get cooking. Posole is a traditional Christmas Eve soup served in New Mexico. It’s known as a ceremonial dish for celebrating life’s blessings. I didn’t want to wait […]
Wow, that’s a mouthful! I didn’t even add in the Dipped in Picka-peppa Sauce. We recently had friends over for dinner where I served this Jamaican Jerk Feast. We were so hungry I almost forgot to take a photo. I had filled my plate and had already dipped some wings into the Pica-peppa sauce. I […]
This spicy mustard is great on just about anything. I made it for our hamburgers stack but you can keep it vegetarian or vegan. I’ve also eaten it on hot dogs, ham sandwiches, polenta, grilled chicken, fish fillet and a crab cake. I’m sure there are another dozen foods you can come up with too. […]
Every Wednesday I have no idea what I’m going to receive in my CSA bag. When I bring it home I love to create dishes from as many of the vegetables in one dish as I can. Of course the more vegetables I include the stronger the seasoning has to be so the vegetables are […]
Eating out every night while on vacation can be expensive and often difficult with my crew. We each have our own dietary restrictions. Gluten free and dairy free for 2 of us, gluten free for one and a soy free vegetarian rounds out our clan. I feel sorry for anyone who waits on us. So […]
Today was a beautiful day outside and just begged for everyone to go out and play. So, we did. My thoughtful husband suggested we take a ride in my convertible VW Bug and have a picnic at a state park. He chose one about 45 minutes away that took us through the beautiful winding roads […]
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- 5 Gifts From 5 Years of Gluten Free Blogging August 9, 2013
- Smoky Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeño Hash Recipe July 30, 2013
- Soft, Chewy, Melt in Your Mouth Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies Recipe July 14, 2013
- Southwest Shrimp Sliders Recipe April 16, 2013
- 10 Minute Gluten Free Vegetarian Mexican Burritos Recipe April 3, 2013
- Jessica: That's such a great idea, looks easy enough t...
- mom: try working 40-70 hours a week, single mom, full-t...
- Zucchini Bread or Muffins | Creative Cooking Gluten Free: [...] Featured on The Whole Gang’s Friday Fo...
- Friends and Kale Chips «: [...] too many cooks can be a good thing when you ...
- Oatmeal Brulee, It\'s for Breakfast! | gfe--gluten free easily: [...] of Leanne Ely)—all right here. The re...