Today’s Secret Ingredient for Friday Foodie Fix is pasta! You may recall a couple of weeks ago I issued the Great Gluten Free Pasta Challenge. Many of you have risen to the challenge and shared great stories of your experiences. I hope after you see today’s list of dishes using pasta you will give it […]
Will you join me in making gluten free pasta from real food? A short list of ingredients, 2-3 minutes to boil and fresh pasta is served. We’ll be using Jacqueline Mallorca’s recipe and I promise I’ll show you mine if you show me yours.
If you are looking for a quick dish that tastes amazing, looks difficult and expensive but really is fast, easy and cheap you found it. Now throw in that it’s gluten, dairy, and soy free and we have a go to meal! What takes the longest is waiting for the water to boil for […]
This Pork and Vegetable Spaghetti Arrabiata meal was a big hit. The taste and texture was so good we kept eating even though we were full. There was just enough heat to make it flavorful but not overpowering. I used a quinoa pasta to keep it gluten free and no cheese to keep it dairy […]
Ever since I saw the movie Julie and Julia I’ve been reading through Julia Child’s cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking. There are so many wonderful classic master recipes that are delicious but, many contain gluten and dairy. Julia loves butter. There are also many recipes that are time and labor intensive and they […]
Have on Hand Gluten Free and Dairy Free Soup or Turkey and Pork Noodle Soup with Spinach, Mushrooms and Ostrich
This soup is called Have on Hand Soup because the ingredients list was created by what I had on hand. It was so fast and easy to make because I used many ingredients that were already cooked. So think of this as a method more than a specific recipe. Take the method and change the […]
Whenever I cook vegetables for my husband I have to do a good job of either hiding them or making sure they are part of the dish. They do not over power the dish with their taste and texture. I guess that’s the same thing as hiding them. I’m really working on getting more vegetables, […]
This recipe has been hiding out on the margins of my blog. I’ve not made it in some time and I had forgotten how great this meal is. It’s salty and sweet with the pancetta, tangy with the caperberries and lemon and crunchy with the pine nuts. It has great mouth feel and taste so […]
Here’s a piece of advice I need to follow in the future. Don’t watch The Tudors while cooking or things will likely burn on top of the stove. Well I was not paying attention to my skillet and my turkey-roni started to burn. Still not paying attention, I added the liquid which then revealed liquid. […]
This is the time of year in Northern Virginia where we’ll have a few really nice warm sunny days in the high 60’s or low 70’s and then the next few days in the 40’s. This can be very wearing and send me right to the comfort food meals. A gravy rich beef and noodles […]
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- Easy Gluten Free Avocado Toast August 3, 2015
- You Need to Read This Today October 13, 2014
- 5 Gifts From 5 Years of Gluten Free Blogging August 9, 2013
- Smoky Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeño Hash Recipe July 30, 2013
- Soft, Chewy, Melt in Your Mouth Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies Recipe July 14, 2013
- Jessica: That's such a great idea, looks easy enough t...
- mom: try working 40-70 hours a week, single mom, full-t...
- Zucchini Bread or Muffins | Creative Cooking Gluten Free: [...] Featured on The Whole Gang’s Friday Fo...
- Friends and Kale Chips «: [...] too many cooks can be a good thing when you ...
- Oatmeal Brulee, It\'s for Breakfast! | gfe--gluten free easily: [...] of Leanne Ely)—all right here. The re...