This recipe has been hiding out on the margins of my blog. I’ve not made it in some time and I had forgotten how great this meal is. It’s salty and sweet with the pancetta, tangy with the caperberries and lemon and crunchy with the pine nuts. It has great mouth feel and taste so […]
I like to have a bowl of these nuts around to snack on. It’s a nice mix of beans and nuts. The beans get nice and crispy and blend in well with the nuts. I also like the play of sweet agave with the spicy cayenne pepper. Ingredients: 1 (15 or 24-ounce) can garbanzo beans, […]
Happy Valentine’s Day! I hope you get something sweet and something that smells wonderful today. Don’t forget you always treat yourself. Here is a quick sweet treat that is gluten free, dairy free and soy free. Chocolate covered macadamia nuts. Grab a bag of whole or half pieces of macadamia nuts and a bag of […]
Ingredients: 12 oz Unsalted Macadamia nuts (available in my store and I found some locally at Trader Joes) ¼ cup Gluten free & sugar free tortilla crumbs (use your favorite bread crumbs) 1 tsp basil Sea salt and Pepper to taste Add ingredients to a food processor and process until ground. I like to have […]
Opening the refrigerator 1 hour before dinner, I worked on using things I had leftover from previous meals. The macadamia nut breading mixture and the quinoa were waiting in the refrigerator. When I am putting together dinner I know what my protein will be, but sometimes not really how I will prepare it or what […]
This is a savory dish that fills your mouth with wonderful tastes and textures. We served this with Robert Mondavi Winery 2005 Chardonnay. This was the same wine I used when cooking. Remember never cook with a wine you wouldn’t drink. Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Ingredients: 7.8 ounces Tuna in oil (Ortiz is an option) Tuna […]
I’m very excited to announce that Susan O’Brien will be guest posting on The W.H.O.L.E. Gang. Susan is a gourmet cook, baker, cooking instructor, food-management consultant, and owner of two businesses, O’Brien’s Kitchen and O’Brien Consulting. She has been featured in the magazines Alternative Medicine and Living Without. I‘ve gotten nothing but raves for all […]
Tonight’s dinner was even easier to make because I just pulled out the half of meatloaf from the freezer that I had cooked a couple of weeks ago. If you’re going to cook it doesn’t take that much more effort to make twice as much as you’re going to eat in one sitting, especially when […]
It’s that time of the year when you search for that perfect gift to give. Are you looking for something for those who have everything or that special teacher or caregiver that really made a difference? Why not give a food gift that you made? People love to get food and they love to get […]
All hands on deck, the cooking has begun! Everyone is helping out and has their jobs to do. Today my oldest son Andy will make gluten free lasagna, I’m cooking everything else for our trip and my husband’s job will be eating it. Last night my youngest son Brad baked Peanut Butter Cookies from The […]
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- 5 Gifts From 5 Years of Gluten Free Blogging August 9, 2013
- Smoky Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeño Hash Recipe July 30, 2013
- Soft, Chewy, Melt in Your Mouth Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies Recipe July 14, 2013
- Southwest Shrimp Sliders Recipe April 16, 2013
- 10 Minute Gluten Free Vegetarian Mexican Burritos Recipe April 3, 2013
- Jessica: That's such a great idea, looks easy enough t...
- mom: try working 40-70 hours a week, single mom, full-t...
- Zucchini Bread or Muffins | Creative Cooking Gluten Free: [...] Featured on The Whole Gang’s Friday Fo...
- Friends and Kale Chips «: [...] too many cooks can be a good thing when you ...
- Oatmeal Brulee, It\'s for Breakfast! | gfe--gluten free easily: [...] of Leanne Ely)—all right here. The re...