Recently we went to eat at Jaleo restaurant in DC. We had a great meal and have been craving more tapas ever since. To see my full review visit Gluten Free Food Critic. I just happened to have Jose Andres cookbook, A Taste of Spain in America. I looked through the recipes to see if […]
Have you ever eaten Sopes? Sopes are a cousin to tortillas, but can be more versatile for fillings that have more liquid. They are thicker than tortillas and have sides so they can hold fillings. They don’t encase the fillings like a burrito or pupusas. Usually you cook sopes by frying them on both sides […]
Have on Hand Gluten Free and Dairy Free Soup or Turkey and Pork Noodle Soup with Spinach, Mushrooms and Ostrich
This soup is called Have on Hand Soup because the ingredients list was created by what I had on hand. It was so fast and easy to make because I used many ingredients that were already cooked. So think of this as a method more than a specific recipe. Take the method and change the […]
This summer I’m all about making really quick meals. This one definitely qualifies taking 10 minutes cutting board to plate. It’s also is a lean alternative to those who are tired of beef. I really like using the Ostrich Steak Strips because they are already cut for me. I’ve been really happy with every Blackwing […]
This summer I’m working really hard to clear out our freezer, use everything in there and buy as few groceries as possible. This helps save money which is what you will find at Nourishing Grourmet’s Pennwise Platter Thursday. I’ve had this box of duck breasts that have been on my menu, but I’ve just not […]
This is an easy gluten free side dish that I served with the Father’s Day dinner. I’m sharing the meal one post at a time. Not sure if I should show you the appetizer and dessert or hold out until tomorrow. Maybe this afternoon I’ll post the dessert. It was one of my favorites in […]
I’m really working on getting our family to eat more vegetables. Well the secret is to add a little gluten free bacon. Now you might say that defeats the purpose but I disagree. If I just served it with no bacon most of it would be left on the plate. Instead tonight the plate was […]
This is a dish I have loved to eat since I was a young teen. I was a kid who ate only a few foods and the thought of eating more than one food at a time was gross to me. Eating peanut butter and jelly together was a victory for my mom. I didn’t […]
This week’s Secret Ingredient for Friday Foodie Fix is Mushrooms! I grew up just around the corner from Kennet Square, PA, better known as the Mushroom Capital of the World. I’m not sure if I ever ate mushrooms when I lived at home. I was such a picky eater as a kid. Now, I love […]
Whenever I cook vegetables for my husband I have to do a good job of either hiding them or making sure they are part of the dish. They do not over power the dish with their taste and texture. I guess that’s the same thing as hiding them. I’m really working on getting more vegetables, […]
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- 5 Gifts From 5 Years of Gluten Free Blogging August 9, 2013
- Smoky Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeño Hash Recipe July 30, 2013
- Soft, Chewy, Melt in Your Mouth Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies Recipe July 14, 2013
- Southwest Shrimp Sliders Recipe April 16, 2013
- 10 Minute Gluten Free Vegetarian Mexican Burritos Recipe April 3, 2013
- Jessica: That's such a great idea, looks easy enough t...
- mom: try working 40-70 hours a week, single mom, full-t...
- Zucchini Bread or Muffins | Creative Cooking Gluten Free: [...] Featured on The Whole Gang’s Friday Fo...
- Friends and Kale Chips «: [...] too many cooks can be a good thing when you ...
- Oatmeal Brulee, It\'s for Breakfast! | gfe--gluten free easily: [...] of Leanne Ely)—all right here. The re...