We love Mexican cooking around here so having refried bean on hand is a must. I’ve always kept canned beans but working to get away from processed foods I’ve started making my own. What a difference in taste! There is no comparison to beans from a can to your homemade beans in your recipes. Beans […]
I will warn you up front, this is hard to stop eating. The flavors dance on your tongue and cause you to keep picking up chip after chip and dipping and eating. I couldn’t stop myself. This is a great salsa but an amazing creamy salsa too. I will find many ways to use these […]
These shrimp are a quick go to meal around my house. I change up the spices for whatever mood I’m in and this is my chipotle version. Thawing and cleaning takes the most time. If you purchase shrimp already thawed, cleaned and deveined all you need to do is rinse up and dry to get […]
I love the one pot/pan meals, it makes clean up fast and easy. I also love frittatas because you can add in whatever you have on hand. Keep this in mind as you create your frittata from this recipe. If I use an ingredient that you don’t have or don’t like, change it up with […]
My mom is a great cook. I learned so much from her. She can open a refrigerator and where most people would see a bunch of different food items she sees meals. This is a gift I am happy to say she passed along to me. I just can’t understand when my family opens the […]
Some days you just need easy. Well this meal is very easy. The yam and the broccoli I cooked in the microwave and seasoned with chipotle when served. The turkey breast is just adorable. You can see the size compared to the yam. I find these at my local Whole Foods. If you can’t find […]
Today I spent the day watching the festivities just down the road from Washington, D.C. What a grand day for our country to watch the peaceful transfer of power and to its first African American President. There is a strong feeling of hope in our country again. I can’t wait to see what is born […]
Ingredients: 1 medium organic onion cut in half and then slice it down the sides not the ends 2 chorizo links cut on a diagonal 1 pound large uncooked shrimp (26/30) cleaned, deveined and with the tail on 1 cup frozen organic peas 1 tsp cumin 1 TBS virgin coconut oil 1 tsp canola or […]
This was a fast and easy meal to make and eat. We actually dug in so fast I only got a picture of the tails that were left. It took 5 minutes prep work and 10 minutes to cook. I used leftover rice but if you were starting from scratch allow time for whatever rice […]
Ingredients: 1 large diced onion ½ red pepper diced 1 pablano pepper diced ½-1 cup corn 1 can organic pinto beans 1 7oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes 1 TB Cumin 1 tsp Expote 1 TB Cilantro 1 tsp Aleppo chili powder 2 TB Ancho chili powder 1-2 whole casabella peppers Penzey’s 1 clove Garlic […]
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- You Need to Read This Today October 13, 2014
- 5 Gifts From 5 Years of Gluten Free Blogging August 9, 2013
- Smoky Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeño Hash Recipe July 30, 2013
- Soft, Chewy, Melt in Your Mouth Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies Recipe July 14, 2013
- Southwest Shrimp Sliders Recipe April 16, 2013
- Jessica: That's such a great idea, looks easy enough t...
- mom: try working 40-70 hours a week, single mom, full-t...
- Zucchini Bread or Muffins | Creative Cooking Gluten Free: [...] Featured on The Whole Gang’s Friday Fo...
- Friends and Kale Chips «: [...] too many cooks can be a good thing when you ...
- Oatmeal Brulee, It\'s for Breakfast! | gfe--gluten free easily: [...] of Leanne Ely)—all right here. The re...