Are you looking for a new fun menu for your next picnic or tailgate party? Then you might want to give this Chili Chicken and Shrimp with Avocado Salsa, Roasted Jalapeno and Pablanos a try. This meal traveled well, tasted delicious, and was easy to pull together. All of the ingredients are gluten free, dairy [...]
I love to watch The Next Food Network Star each year. Each week the contestants are given different challenges to test their skills and their culinary point of view. This year on Season 5, I picked my winner early. I really liked Melissa d’Arabian. She was fun, spunky, and didn’t cook in a restaurant. Her [...]
Some like it spicy, some like it hot and others like it to burn the @#*!! out of their mouth, eyes watering clear out your sinuses red face hot. I’m in the middle, my son Andy I believe just loves it as hot as it can be. I think it started when we were out [...]
These little gems are as much fun to make as they are to eat. Wait, that sounds like an old commercial. But, if you are looking for a low cost meal you hit the jackpot. I first saw pupusas at the DC United Soccer game. There was a little stand in the stadium that sold [...]
This is the side dish I made in 2 minutes while my pupusas were cooking. Technically a pickled slaw is served but I didn’t think that far ahead. It worked either way. Ingredients: 4 handfuls Green cabbages sliced thin 1-2 jalapeno, seeded and diced 2 green onions, sliced both green and whites Handful of shredded [...]
Every month Book of Yum hosts Adopt a Gluten Free Blogger. You’re supposed to make one of the recipes of whomever you adopt and then share a post on your adventure on the first of the month. This month I adopted Blog Schmog (aka glutenfree4goofs) and my adventures in getting to write this was nothing [...]
After seeing the results of my cooking time poll, most folks had 30 minutes or less to cook dinner. I’ve been hearing this over and over so I’m going to categorize which meals take 30 minutes or less to pull together. This recipe is tagged Minute Meals as I hope to help you create a [...]
I love to have refried beans on hand. You never know when a party will break out or the desire for a Mexican meal. They go together well with so many proteins, vegetables and grains. Your options are only limited to your imagination. So imagine how you’ll use them! Ingredients: 1 bag dried organic pinto [...]
Yes, you read that right. I wrapped bacon around slices of avocado and fried them up in a pan. They were soooo good. It really was very easy to make and one avocado and a small package of bacon fed the two of us. We ate some plain and then we took some and put [...]
These are my favorite “fun dish” I’ve made this month. They tasted so good. This meal would be great for company or any day of the week. I made mine on a Monday night! Ingredients: 1 pound ground chicken breast 1 pound ground chicken thigh ½ orange pepper, finely diced ¼ -½ red onion, finely [...]
2013 Cookbook Desk Calendar
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- Southwest Shrimp Sliders Recipe April 16, 2013
- 10 Minute Gluten Free Vegetarian Mexican Burritos Recipe April 3, 2013
- Spring Asparagus and Olive Gluten Free Pasta Recipe March 25, 2013
- Fast and Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe March 12, 2013
- The Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook February 26, 2013
- Diane Eblin: I have no idea. It's fresh so I wouldn'...
- Sharon S.: I love the Simply Dressed Ranch but I don't h...
- Diane Eblin: Wow those are great questions and I really don...
- loisstarr: Two questions: If I substitute oranges for clement...
- Diane Eblin: Lorraine once a day on the smoothie is good. ...