Recently we went to eat at Jaleo restaurant in DC. We had a great meal and have been craving more tapas ever since. To see my full review visit Gluten Free Food Critic. I just happened to have Jose Andres cookbook, A Taste of Spain in America. I looked through the recipes to see if […]
This spicy mustard is great on just about anything. I made it for our hamburgers stack but you can keep it vegetarian or vegan. I’ve also eaten it on hot dogs, ham sandwiches, polenta, grilled chicken, fish fillet and a crab cake. I’m sure there are another dozen foods you can come up with too. […]
Every Wednesday I have no idea what I’m going to receive in my CSA bag. When I bring it home I love to create dishes from as many of the vegetables in one dish as I can. Of course the more vegetables I include the stronger the seasoning has to be so the vegetables are […]
With Friday Foodie Fix approaching rather fast, like tomorrow, I decided tonight I would cook up the Swiss Chard. As I started pulling it out of the refrigerator I grabbed some pancetta, garlic, leeks and a yellow onion. I thought the pork and the onions would add great flavor to the soup. This was a […]
Have on Hand Gluten Free and Dairy Free Soup or Turkey and Pork Noodle Soup with Spinach, Mushrooms and Ostrich
This soup is called Have on Hand Soup because the ingredients list was created by what I had on hand. It was so fast and easy to make because I used many ingredients that were already cooked. So think of this as a method more than a specific recipe. Take the method and change the […]
This summer I’m working really hard to clear out our freezer, use everything in there and buy as few groceries as possible. This helps save money which is what you will find at Nourishing Grourmet’s Pennwise Platter Thursday. I’ve had this box of duck breasts that have been on my menu, but I’ve just not […]
I love visiting the farmers markets and finding vegetables that are new to me. Garlic Scapes found me last week. Garlic Scapes are the flower stems that the garlic plants produce as they are maturing. Many farmers will cut them off so all of the growing energy and nutrients go to the garlic bulb. They […]
Time to get our Friday Foodie Fix with this week’s Secret Ingredient –Garlic! I love garlic and could use it with every dinner. I however have to limit it to my four-day rotation in order for it not to upset my delicate digestive system. Have you ever added fresh garlic to a recipe and thought, […]
Yep, a burger! Why not? I love everything that goes into the salad, why not turn it into a burger. For some folks, especially the ones at my house, burgers are more fun to eat than a salad. So take all of the ingredients and turn it into a burger. Wrap the burger in a […]
I love to have refried beans on hand. You never know when a party will break out or the desire for a Mexican meal. They go together well with so many proteins, vegetables and grains. Your options are only limited to your imagination. So imagine how you’ll use them! Ingredients: 1 bag dried organic pinto […]
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- Easy Gluten Free Avocado Toast August 3, 2015
- You Need to Read This Today October 13, 2014
- 5 Gifts From 5 Years of Gluten Free Blogging August 9, 2013
- Smoky Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeño Hash Recipe July 30, 2013
- Soft, Chewy, Melt in Your Mouth Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies Recipe July 14, 2013
- Jessica: That's such a great idea, looks easy enough t...
- mom: try working 40-70 hours a week, single mom, full-t...
- Zucchini Bread or Muffins | Creative Cooking Gluten Free: [...] Featured on The Whole Gang’s Friday Fo...
- Friends and Kale Chips «: [...] too many cooks can be a good thing when you ...
- Oatmeal Brulee, It\'s for Breakfast! | gfe--gluten free easily: [...] of Leanne Ely)—all right here. The re...