Whenever I cook vegetables for my husband I have to do a good job of either hiding them or making sure they are part of the dish. They do not over power the dish with their taste and texture. I guess that’s the same thing as hiding them. I’m really working on getting more vegetables, [...]
Immune boosters are good everyday, not just because you are worried about this new flu outbreak. They are especially good if you are dealing with the effects of gluten when you are intolerant to it or have Celiacs Disease or other autoimmune diseases. Either way you should read what Kim Harris, The Nourishing Gourmet, has [...]
This is one of those wonderfully naughty desserts. It tastes great, makes a really cool presentation and it’s sweet. What more can you ask for? Well this version is gluten free and dairy free. The main source of sweetness comes from the agave but there’s sugars in rum too, so this I’m sure is high [...]
I love potatoes. If I could, I would live on potatoes and chocolate, but not necessarily together. Although, I have had chocolate dipped potato chips and they were very tasty. Back to our fingerling potatoes. These potatoes are a great side dish to fix when you want something that does not take a long time [...]
You are all in for a treat today, literally, if you get baking. Alissa Segersten has written the best cookbook I have ever read. (Sorry Julia) I think everyone, no matter if you follow a gluten free and dairy free diet or not, should own this book. It has clear and concise descriptions and explanations about [...]
These fresh vegetables are a wonderful side dish to your Sesame Crusted Tuna or other Asian seasoned meals. You can even take this side dish and add in your favorite protein for a complete meal. Using fresh vegetables is a great way to have gluten free meals. Ingredients: 2 organic baby bok choy cleaned and [...]
This is not going to be one of those 15 minute meals but it is totally worth the effort. When I make this meal the I double the recipe for everything but the seafood. After our first serving and all the fish and such are removed I freeze the stock so my next Cioppino dinner [...]
I’m happy to say my hubby is taking me out to dinner tonight so my Cioppino will have to wait until tomorrow. So I’ll share my 15 minute lunch which could be expanded into a dinner with some sides. I was so hungry that this is as far as I got today. Ingredients: 1 pound [...]
Opening the refrigerator 1 hour before dinner, I worked on using things I had leftover from previous meals. The macadamia nut breading mixture and the quinoa were waiting in the refrigerator. When I am putting together dinner I know what my protein will be, but sometimes not really how I will prepare it or what [...]
Today I spent the day watching the festivities just down the road from Washington, D.C. What a grand day for our country to watch the peaceful transfer of power and to its first African American President. There is a strong feeling of hope in our country again. I can’t wait to see what is born [...]
2013 Cookbook Desk Calendar
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- Southwest Shrimp Sliders Recipe April 16, 2013
- 10 Minute Gluten Free Vegetarian Mexican Burritos Recipe April 3, 2013
- Spring Asparagus and Olive Gluten Free Pasta Recipe March 25, 2013
- Fast and Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe March 12, 2013
- The Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook February 26, 2013
- Diane Eblin: I have no idea. It's fresh so I wouldn'...
- Sharon S.: I love the Simply Dressed Ranch but I don't h...
- Diane Eblin: Wow those are great questions and I really don...
- loisstarr: Two questions: If I substitute oranges for clement...
- Diane Eblin: Lorraine once a day on the smoothie is good. ...