We love Mexican cooking around here so having refried bean on hand is a must. I’ve always kept canned beans but working to get away from processed foods I’ve started making my own. What a difference in taste! There is no comparison to beans from a can to your homemade beans in your recipes. Beans [...]
Just a few ingredients and you can pull together an inexpensive meal that looks like it cost more. Purchase your scallops when on sale and freeze. I found a great deal at Trader Joes on a 16 oz bag of Wild Caught New England Jumbo Scallops for less than $10. Polenta costs less than $3 [...]
I love the one pot/pan meals, it makes clean up fast and easy. I also love frittatas because you can add in whatever you have on hand. Keep this in mind as you create your frittata from this recipe. If I use an ingredient that you don’t have or don’t like, change it up with [...]
My mom is a great cook. I learned so much from her. She can open a refrigerator and where most people would see a bunch of different food items she sees meals. This is a gift I am happy to say she passed along to me. I just can’t understand when my family opens the [...]
Opening the refrigerator 1 hour before dinner, I worked on using things I had leftover from previous meals. The macadamia nut breading mixture and the quinoa were waiting in the refrigerator. When I am putting together dinner I know what my protein will be, but sometimes not really how I will prepare it or what [...]
Today I spent the day watching the festivities just down the road from Washington, D.C. What a grand day for our country to watch the peaceful transfer of power and to its first African American President. There is a strong feeling of hope in our country again. I can’t wait to see what is born [...]
This is one of my favorite dishes from when I was a kid. My mother would make it and the aroma would fill the house. She would put a nice ham bone with some meat on it in a pot of tomatoes and onions to simmer all day. Sorry Mom, tonight I made mine in [...]
Ingredients: 1 large diced onion ½ red pepper diced 1 pablano pepper diced ½-1 cup corn 1 can organic pinto beans 1 7oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes 1 TB Cumin 1 tsp Expote 1 TB Cilantro 1 tsp Aleppo chili powder 2 TB Ancho chili powder 1-2 whole casabella peppers Penzey’s 1 clove Garlic [...]
Ingredients: 2 pounds Ground beef or a chuck roast (put meat in first for roast) Can always use ground turkey, ostrich or buffalo. 1 large Onion diced 15 oz can Diced fire roasted tomatoes (I like Muir Glen) 15 oz can crushed tomatoes 4 TB Cumin 4 TB Chili powder (can use pre-mixed, ancho, Aleppo, [...]
1 bag dried organic pinto beans 9 cups of filtered water for soaking 4 cups Stock- vegetable or chicken 1 onion diced 2 cloves of garlic diced Ancho chili pepper (use your favorite chili powder) or a whole Cascabel dried pepper from Penzey’s 11,000 heat units (remove before serving) 2 tsp Ground Cumin 1 tsp [...]
2013 Cookbook Desk Calendar
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- Southwest Shrimp Sliders Recipe April 16, 2013
- 10 Minute Gluten Free Vegetarian Mexican Burritos Recipe April 3, 2013
- Spring Asparagus and Olive Gluten Free Pasta Recipe March 25, 2013
- Fast and Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe March 12, 2013
- The Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook February 26, 2013
- Diane Eblin: I have no idea. It's fresh so I wouldn'...
- Sharon S.: I love the Simply Dressed Ranch but I don't h...
- Diane Eblin: Wow those are great questions and I really don...
- loisstarr: Two questions: If I substitute oranges for clement...
- Diane Eblin: Lorraine once a day on the smoothie is good. ...