Yes, you read that right. A Boeuf Bourguignon Burger that is gluten free and dairy free. Julia Child would have a fit I’m sure. It’s fast and there’s no butter involved. And if I mentioned you could do this same recipe with black beans, vegetable stock and no bacon for a vegetarian / vegan version, […]
I grew up outside of Philly and there are a few foods I ate that I really miss now that I am eating gluten free and dairy free. Cheese Steaks and Hoagies (not a sub) on an Italian roll, Tastykakes, Hot Pretzels and Scrapple. Well I’m working my way through the list and have eaten […]
This week’s Friday Foodie Fix Secret Ingredient is Pork. I usually have fruits and vegetables but didn’t want to leave out meats totally. Especially the one that gives us bacon. I think bacon and pancetta are two of my favorite ingredients next to onions and garlic. But here’s the thing. I only buy organic uncured […]
I’m really working on getting our family to eat more vegetables. Well the secret is to add a little gluten free bacon. Now you might say that defeats the purpose but I disagree. If I just served it with no bacon most of it would be left on the plate. Instead tonight the plate was […]
Have you ever been really hungry for a quick meal but didn’t want to cook? Well that was where I found myself. As my eyes darted around the kitchen for a meal to magically appear, the red and orange tomatoes I bought jumped out at me. Hmmm, I’ve not had a BLT in a […]
This recipe has been hiding out on the margins of my blog. I’ve not made it in some time and I had forgotten how great this meal is. It’s salty and sweet with the pancetta, tangy with the caperberries and lemon and crunchy with the pine nuts. It has great mouth feel and taste so […]
Yep, a burger! Why not? I love everything that goes into the salad, why not turn it into a burger. For some folks, especially the ones at my house, burgers are more fun to eat than a salad. So take all of the ingredients and turn it into a burger. Wrap the burger in a […]
Yes, you read that right. I wrapped bacon around slices of avocado and fried them up in a pan. They were soooo good. It really was very easy to make and one avocado and a small package of bacon fed the two of us. We ate some plain and then we took some and put […]
California Cobb has long been one of my favorite salads. It was the first salad I put on the menu at Mycroft’s restaurant in Huntington, WV. Sadly, that establishment is no longer there because the past owner, Ty Neal, has an amazing restaurant in DC called Matchbox. They have two locations and I highly recommend […]
When I started out to cook dinner I didn’t realize I had already eaten the vegetables I was going to sauté for this meal. The only vegetable I had left was cauliflower, which my husband really does not like. So what should I do, hide it of course. When he was eating dinner he thought […]
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- You Need to Read This Today October 13, 2014
- 5 Gifts From 5 Years of Gluten Free Blogging August 9, 2013
- Smoky Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeño Hash Recipe July 30, 2013
- Soft, Chewy, Melt in Your Mouth Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies Recipe July 14, 2013
- Southwest Shrimp Sliders Recipe April 16, 2013
- Jessica: That's such a great idea, looks easy enough t...
- mom: try working 40-70 hours a week, single mom, full-t...
- Zucchini Bread or Muffins | Creative Cooking Gluten Free: [...] Featured on The Whole Gang’s Friday Fo...
- Friends and Kale Chips «: [...] too many cooks can be a good thing when you ...
- Oatmeal Brulee, It\'s for Breakfast! | gfe--gluten free easily: [...] of Leanne Ely)—all right here. The re...