As soon as I saw Elana’s post on Gluten Free Twinkies I knew my son and I would be making these. This month I’ve adopted Elana’s from Elana’s Pantry for Book of Yum’s monthy event, Adopt a Gluten Free Blogger. This is a fun event where you can get a lot of great gluten free […]
I have not made this pie since last summer and can’t wait to get busy on this again. I think this week I may use this same process and use the strawberries that are in season. What are your favorite berries? What fruit combinations do you bake? So far I’ve only found one problem with […]
I like to have a bowl of these nuts around to snack on. It’s a nice mix of beans and nuts. The beans get nice and crispy and blend in well with the nuts. I also like the play of sweet agave with the spicy cayenne pepper. Ingredients: 1 (15 or 24-ounce) can garbanzo beans, […]
This is one of those wonderfully naughty desserts. It tastes great, makes a really cool presentation and it’s sweet. What more can you ask for? Well this version is gluten free and dairy free. The main source of sweetness comes from the agave but there’s sugars in rum too, so this I’m sure is high […]
The weather here is very cold and icy so I decided tonight to curl up on the couch and watch Chocolat, the movie where I first fell in love with Johnny Depp. He and Juliette Binoche are two of my favorite actors. This wonderfully decadent movie is full of thick, delicious looking chocolate. My favorite […]
Ingredients: 12 oz Unsalted Macadamia nuts (available in my store and I found some locally at Trader Joes) ¼ cup Gluten free & sugar free tortilla crumbs (use your favorite bread crumbs) 1 tsp basil Sea salt and Pepper to taste Add ingredients to a food processor and process until ground. I like to have […]
Opening the refrigerator 1 hour before dinner, I worked on using things I had leftover from previous meals. The macadamia nut breading mixture and the quinoa were waiting in the refrigerator. When I am putting together dinner I know what my protein will be, but sometimes not really how I will prepare it or what […]
I’m very excited to announce that Susan O’Brien will be guest posting on The W.H.O.L.E. Gang. Susan is a gourmet cook, baker, cooking instructor, food-management consultant, and owner of two businesses, O’Brien’s Kitchen and O’Brien Consulting. She has been featured in the magazines Alternative Medicine and Living Without. I‘ve gotten nothing but raves for all […]
This is the easiest meatloaf I ever made and the juiciest. Ingredients: 2 pounds of ground meat- you can use a combination of beef, veal, pork or turkey and veal or just a single type. If you use only turkey make sure it’s a mix of white and dark meats so there is enough fat […]
Ingredients: 2 pounds Ground beef or a chuck roast (put meat in first for roast) Can always use ground turkey, ostrich or buffalo. 1 large Onion diced 15 oz can Diced fire roasted tomatoes (I like Muir Glen) 15 oz can crushed tomatoes 4 TB Cumin 4 TB Chili powder (can use pre-mixed, ancho, Aleppo, […]
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- 5 Gifts From 5 Years of Gluten Free Blogging August 9, 2013
- Smoky Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeño Hash Recipe July 30, 2013
- Soft, Chewy, Melt in Your Mouth Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies Recipe July 14, 2013
- Southwest Shrimp Sliders Recipe April 16, 2013
- 10 Minute Gluten Free Vegetarian Mexican Burritos Recipe April 3, 2013
- Jessica: That's such a great idea, looks easy enough t...
- mom: try working 40-70 hours a week, single mom, full-t...
- Zucchini Bread or Muffins | Creative Cooking Gluten Free: [...] Featured on The Whole Gang’s Friday Fo...
- Friends and Kale Chips «: [...] too many cooks can be a good thing when you ...
- Oatmeal Brulee, It\'s for Breakfast! | gfe--gluten free easily: [...] of Leanne Ely)—all right here. The re...