What is a CSA and how do I join one? A CSA or Community Supported Agriculture is a partnership with a local farmer. You pay in advance for a subscription or a share of their produce. They range in number of weeks and scope. Each week you receive a share of the freshly picked, in […]
As I was reading through the blogs I follow I found some great information I thought I would pass along. Please check out these blogs and the great information on them. Cleaning vs. Disinfecting by Living Green, Gluten Free, Life in General Do you know the difference and how to use each product? Read this […]
No recipes from me tonight. I treated my husband to a night out at a wonderful restaurant in D.C. I choose Nora first because it gets rave reviews and second I like the fact that they buy from certified organic farmers and producers who do not use synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, antibiotics, hormones or GMO’s. The […]
Something great to look forward to in 2009 is the continued focus on living green. Green Living Consulting is a company out of Washington, DC that works with both businesses and households providing eco-solutions to create a healthier and greener environment while reducing your impact on the world and your wallet. Here is how they […]
I love this idea, an organic kitchen garden at the White House! What a great message that sends. How inspiring to the country. Eat the View blog has started a petition to be sent to President-Elect Obama requesting the White House plant this garden. It’s not a new concept but an effective one. Eleanor Roosevelt […]
How many planets does it take to keep you living these days? Do you know what contributes to your global footprint or how to reduce it? Check out Global Footprint Network and take their quiz. I just took it and right now I need 4 planets to support my lifestyle. Yikes! They offer ideas on […]
The National Recycling Coalition is promoting the only nationally recognized day for encouraging people to recycle. So glad we have one. So do you recycle? Do you think about it every time you get junk mail (recyclable) or do you just trash it? Do you think if it rips I can recycle it? Well if […]
Growing up I didn’t have the excess of my kid’s generation but of the generation past my parents. They always enforced not to be wasteful and I always took it as being so constraining and not necessary. That was a kid’s point of view. The great depression was over so why was I having to […]
I’m very excited about a new way to connect with others. Shelfari is a gathering place for readers, bloggers, authors, publishers and anyone who wants to connect about the published word. They’re based in Seattle, started in October 2006 and acquired by Amazon.com in August 2008. Once a member (free) you can: Build your own virtual […]
Figuring out what and how to recycle can be daunting. You think you’re doing a good thing by putting lots of plastic in your recycling bin only to find out they’re going to throw it out if you don’t recycle the right way or the right items. So why bother? By now you are way […]
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- Easy Gluten Free Avocado Toast August 3, 2015
- You Need to Read This Today October 13, 2014
- 5 Gifts From 5 Years of Gluten Free Blogging August 9, 2013
- Smoky Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeño Hash Recipe July 30, 2013
- Soft, Chewy, Melt in Your Mouth Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies Recipe July 14, 2013
- Jessica: That's such a great idea, looks easy enough t...
- mom: try working 40-70 hours a week, single mom, full-t...
- Zucchini Bread or Muffins | Creative Cooking Gluten Free: [...] Featured on The Whole Gang’s Friday Fo...
- Friends and Kale Chips «: [...] too many cooks can be a good thing when you ...
- Oatmeal Brulee, It\'s for Breakfast! | gfe--gluten free easily: [...] of Leanne Ely)—all right here. The re...