Back from vacation and still trying to unpack my bags and my stories. They will be coming soon. Coming back from the west coast to the east coast can really make me tired but I woke up bright and early on Saturday morning to head to the farmers market. I picked up these tomatoes and […]
Wow, it seems so strange to be back to a “normal” blogging routine. In case you totally missed it, from April 26th through June 4th there was a really special event going on. 30 Days to a Food Revolution. There was so much amazing information shared. I’m still sifting through it all and making sure […]
Welcome to day 21 of 30 Days to a Food Revolution. Today’s guest blogger is Karen. Karen Schuppert is a Certified Nutrition Educator and Natural Chef in the fertile land of the Napa Valley. Karen blends her lifelong focus on sustainable food with inspiration she gained while managing the St. Helena Farmers’ Market and applies […]
Every Wednesday I have no idea what I’m going to receive in my CSA bag. When I bring it home I love to create dishes from as many of the vegetables in one dish as I can. Of course the more vegetables I include the stronger the seasoning has to be so the vegetables are […]
Week 6 of my CSA (community supported agriculture) and I’m having fun. Can’t wait to eat the corn and tomatoes. I think I could make one meal with everything in the bag. Well, minus the flowers. This week I received: new potatoes, garlic, tomatoes, basil, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, pole beans, peppers, sweet corn, eggs and […]
I am having a lot of fun with my weekly CSA (community shared agriculture) regular share from Potomac Vegetable Farms. Each week I can’t wait to open my bag to see what new foods I’m going to find. This week here is what I received: sweet onions, fresh garlic, thai basil, asian eggplant, shallots, swiss […]
I love when the farmers markets open and the local fresh vegetables start showing up. Fresh lettuces and tasty little cucumbers. Of course the herbs and vegetables you grow yourself are organic and as local as it gets. They’re also priced right. This salad was created by what was available at the farmers market, my […]
Whenever I cook vegetables for my husband I have to do a good job of either hiding them or making sure they are part of the dish. They do not over power the dish with their taste and texture. I guess that’s the same thing as hiding them. I’m really working on getting more vegetables, […]
Today’s Food section from The Washington Post is the one I wait for all winter long. In today’s section is a Guide to Washington Area Farmers Markets. This list covers The District, Maryland and Virginia. I highly suggest you take it from the paper and post it on your refrigerator. Nothing beats locally grown produce […]
My friendly Robin that visits me each day. There are now so many great resources for eco-friendly living. Here are a few I’ve compiled. There are associations, resources to help you live eco-friendly and products and services to use. If you have a good resource to add to our list please leave the information in […]
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- Easy Gluten Free Avocado Toast August 3, 2015
- You Need to Read This Today October 13, 2014
- 5 Gifts From 5 Years of Gluten Free Blogging August 9, 2013
- Smoky Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeño Hash Recipe July 30, 2013
- Soft, Chewy, Melt in Your Mouth Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies Recipe July 14, 2013
- Jessica: That's such a great idea, looks easy enough t...
- mom: try working 40-70 hours a week, single mom, full-t...
- Zucchini Bread or Muffins | Creative Cooking Gluten Free: [...] Featured on The Whole Gang’s Friday Fo...
- Friends and Kale Chips «: [...] too many cooks can be a good thing when you ...
- Oatmeal Brulee, It\'s for Breakfast! | gfe--gluten free easily: [...] of Leanne Ely)—all right here. The re...