Where are you on the spectrum of vegetables? I’m not talking color, we’ll get to that later. What I mean is do you eat a lot of vegetables with every meal or do you get in some french fries or popcorn and you consider yourself having eaten vegetables? You see it’s a very broad spectrum. [...]
With the new year there is a lot of talk about what the food trends will be this year. After looking through 20 lists I have a really long list. Everyone has their own ideas and most are different from each other. There are however some that come up on many lists. But really what [...]
Do you have guests with different food allergies or intolerances in your family? Maybe they just don’t like the same ingredients in their salad? It’s Thanksgiving and they’re all coming to your house for dinner, so what’s a host to do?
Now you know me, I like to make just about everything myself. However there are also products I liked to have on hand. I have some sauces, ketchups, mustards, mayonaise and things like that. They come in handy even though I make many of these items from scratch too. I used to have salad dressings [...]
With Thanksgiving coming in just three short weeks, I’ve started working on my attack plan. I do this every year. Read here my plan from a couple of years ago. I also have a blank planner tool you can also download and use yourself. It says Thanksgiving Planner 2009 but you can just cross that [...]
I love cupcakes but then again who doesn’t! Today as we celebrate Celiac Awareness Day, I’d like to make sure you can make yourself some amazing cupcakes. This summer I made many of these wonderful recipes from Elana Amsterdam’s Gluten-Free Cupcakes: 50 Irresistible Recipes Made with Almond and Coconut Flour cookbook. There are so many great [...]
I love living gluten free, writing about it, sharing what I find with you and coaching people through this life. There are so few things that I want to eat that I can’t find an alternative way to the original that suits my needs. Knowing the ingredients in the food you eat is key [...]
Today is a sweet post from start to finish so make sure you read all the way to the end. I grew up outside of Philly loving Tastykakes. There were the chocolate or vanilla cupcakes filled with cream or buttercream, the Jelly or Butterscotch Krimpets and the really over the top Juniors which was either [...]
Some people think it’s really hard to get real food into their day. Are you one of them? Are you chained to that diet drink and frozen diet meal for lunch? Well set yourself free. It’s really not all that hard once you make a few changes, slowly and over time. Mark Bittman asks the [...]
A couple of years ago I stumbled upon a blog about cooking in slow cookers that was all gluten free, A Year of Slow Cooking. I really liked the recipes I found and was encouraged to dig out my crockpot and use it again. Every day that year there would be a new recipe. I [...]
2013 Cookbook Desk Calendar
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- Southwest Shrimp Sliders Recipe April 16, 2013
- 10 Minute Gluten Free Vegetarian Mexican Burritos Recipe April 3, 2013
- Spring Asparagus and Olive Gluten Free Pasta Recipe March 25, 2013
- Fast and Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe March 12, 2013
- The Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook February 26, 2013
- Diane Eblin: I have no idea. It's fresh so I wouldn'...
- Sharon S.: I love the Simply Dressed Ranch but I don't h...
- Diane Eblin: Wow those are great questions and I really don...
- loisstarr: Two questions: If I substitute oranges for clement...
- Diane Eblin: Lorraine once a day on the smoothie is good. ...