Another busy day and one where I knew I would be away from home. You know what that means, Crockpot! I love turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy. I think I however alone in the love at my house. But since I’m the cook that’s what was for dinner. The turkey (organic of course) was […]
Tonight’s dinner was even easier to make because I just pulled out the half of meatloaf from the freezer that I had cooked a couple of weeks ago. If you’re going to cook it doesn’t take that much more effort to make twice as much as you’re going to eat in one sitting, especially when […]
New for 2009 I will be posting my monthly menu and my menu for the week. I’ve started planning a month’s worth of meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For now I’ll just be sharing the dinners. If there are requests for the rest I am happy to share. This is something many bloggers do. […]
Watching playoff football is a must around here, especially when my favorite teams are still in the running. This means I do not want to spend lots of time in the kitchen cooking and cleaning up when the games are shown. This is where the crockpots become the star players in our house. Tonight’s gluten […]
Ingredients: 2 pounds Ground beef or a chuck roast (put meat in first for roast) Can always use ground turkey, ostrich or buffalo. 1 large Onion diced 15 oz can Diced fire roasted tomatoes (I like Muir Glen) 15 oz can crushed tomatoes 4 TB Cumin 4 TB Chili powder (can use pre-mixed, ancho, Aleppo, […]
Chuck shoulder roast 2-3 pounds (if you want the meat to fall apart in strings use Chuck blade and don’t cube it ) Large can of fire roasted diced tomatoes (I like Muir Glen) 1 small head of cabbage sliced 1 onion sliced 1-2 cup Vegetable stock 2 Bay leaf Celtic Sea Salt to taste […]
Growing up I didn’t have the excess of my kid’s generation but of the generation past my parents. They always enforced not to be wasteful and I always took it as being so constraining and not necessary. That was a kid’s point of view. The great depression was over so why was I having to […]
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- Easy Gluten Free Avocado Toast August 3, 2015
- You Need to Read This Today October 13, 2014
- 5 Gifts From 5 Years of Gluten Free Blogging August 9, 2013
- Smoky Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeño Hash Recipe July 30, 2013
- Soft, Chewy, Melt in Your Mouth Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies Recipe July 14, 2013
- Jessica: That's such a great idea, looks easy enough t...
- mom: try working 40-70 hours a week, single mom, full-t...
- Zucchini Bread or Muffins | Creative Cooking Gluten Free: [...] Featured on The Whole Gang’s Friday Fo...
- Friends and Kale Chips «: [...] too many cooks can be a good thing when you ...
- Oatmeal Brulee, It\'s for Breakfast! | gfe--gluten free easily: [...] of Leanne Ely)—all right here. The re...