I love to have refried beans on hand. You never know when a party will break out or the desire for a Mexican meal. They go together well with so many proteins, vegetables and grains. Your options are only limited to your imagination. So imagine how you’ll use them! Ingredients: 1 bag dried organic pinto [...]
One of my favorite pastimes is searching through the internet for gluten free blogs that I’ve not found before. Yesterday I was checking out Celiac Chick’s blog, great resources, and there was a video from Elana on gluten free chocolate chip cookies made with almond flour. This got my attention. Mention chocolate and I’m sure [...]
It’s been cold and damp for the past few days so I was very happy that Chili was on my menu. I’ve had this package of buffalo on my inventory list for some time just waiting to be used. I had found it hiding at the bottom of my chest freezer when I had finally [...]
We love Mexican cooking around here so having refried bean on hand is a must. I’ve always kept canned beans but working to get away from processed foods I’ve started making my own. What a difference in taste! There is no comparison to beans from a can to your homemade beans in your recipes. Beans [...]
You know the great thing about writing down your plans, they get changed. This is the fun of living in the moment. So instead of my seafood stir-fry yesterday I decided to drive myself insane. While Scott was out delivering our company’s Next Level Leadership™ Group Coaching program (shameless plug) I was working in my [...]
This is a shout out to a rock star amongst us. Stephanie, The Crockpot Lady, is going to be on national TV again! In case you missed it she was already on the Rachael Ray Show last summer. Stephanie writes the really great A Year of Crockpotting blog. In 2008 she used her crockpot every [...]
Aloha! Well this is a sad day around our house. It’s the last football game of the season with the Pro Bowl in Hawaii. No more football until August 6th. Yes, I know the date of the Hall of Fame game next year. Last year Scott and I were fortunate enough to attend the Pro [...]
This month, as part of Book of Yum’s Healthy Resolution, they suggested that we adopt a gluten free blogger and create one of their healthy recipes. Well I adopted Karina’s Kitchen and made her New Mexican Stew (my bowl shown). I actually would love to adopt Karina and have her cook for me all the [...]
Some days you just need easy. Well this meal is very easy. The yam and the broccoli I cooked in the microwave and seasoned with chipotle when served. The turkey breast is just adorable. You can see the size compared to the yam. I find these at my local Whole Foods. If you can’t find [...]
I can thank my oldest son Andy for introducing me to Indian food. He’s a vegetarian and has found the greatest number of vegetarian dishes he enjoys are Indian and he asked me to cook them for him. He’s off at college now but I’m continuing on in learning to use different blends of spices [...]
2013 Cookbook Desk Calendar
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- Southwest Shrimp Sliders Recipe April 16, 2013
- 10 Minute Gluten Free Vegetarian Mexican Burritos Recipe April 3, 2013
- Spring Asparagus and Olive Gluten Free Pasta Recipe March 25, 2013
- Fast and Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe March 12, 2013
- The Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook February 26, 2013
- Diane Eblin: I have no idea. It's fresh so I wouldn'...
- Sharon S.: I love the Simply Dressed Ranch but I don't h...
- Diane Eblin: Wow those are great questions and I really don...
- loisstarr: Two questions: If I substitute oranges for clement...
- Diane Eblin: Lorraine once a day on the smoothie is good. ...