Here’s a piece of advice I need to follow in the future. Don’t watch The Tudors while cooking or things will likely burn on top of the stove. Well I was not paying attention to my skillet and my turkey-roni started to burn. Still not paying attention, I added the liquid which then revealed liquid. […]
These are a great treat especially when you are tired of potatoes or maybe you’re trying to avoid nightshade foods. I like to make these when I have leftover polenta pieces but you can start from mixing the polenta from scratch and then cutting up the set polenta into your favorite fry shape. I like […]
This is the time of year in Northern Virginia where we’ll have a few really nice warm sunny days in the high 60’s or low 70’s and then the next few days in the 40’s. This can be very wearing and send me right to the comfort food meals. A gravy rich beef and noodles […]
Just a few ingredients and you can pull together an inexpensive meal that looks like it cost more. Purchase your scallops when on sale and freeze. I found a great deal at Trader Joes on a 16 oz bag of Wild Caught New England Jumbo Scallops for less than $10. Polenta costs less than $3 […]
I’ve been making this for many, many years however this time it’s gluten free and dairy free. The idea of pizza soup started with me trying to get my boys to eat tomato soup. Well it worked for one, my college guy who is a great cook and loves food. I’m still working on 9th […]
As you can see my menu can shift ingredients when needed. I didn’t have the peppers needed for my intended side dish but I was very happy with what I came up with. The great part about the lavender chicken is, it was already cooked. I had made extra last month and stored them in […]
When I started out to cook dinner I didn’t realize I had already eaten the vegetables I was going to sauté for this meal. The only vegetable I had left was cauliflower, which my husband really does not like. So what should I do, hide it of course. When he was eating dinner he thought […]
I’ve always loved a big plate of pasta. I think I got that love from my mom. She could eat pasta every day. Well for me life with pasta is a little different. I can’t eat gluten (any type of wheat, barley, rye & sometimes oats) or rice so many pastas are off limits. These […]
Opening the refrigerator 1 hour before dinner, I worked on using things I had leftover from previous meals. The macadamia nut breading mixture and the quinoa were waiting in the refrigerator. When I am putting together dinner I know what my protein will be, but sometimes not really how I will prepare it or what […]
This is a savory dish that fills your mouth with wonderful tastes and textures. We served this with Robert Mondavi Winery 2005 Chardonnay. This was the same wine I used when cooking. Remember never cook with a wine you wouldn’t drink. Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Ingredients: 7.8 ounces Tuna in oil (Ortiz is an option) Tuna […]
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- 5 Gifts From 5 Years of Gluten Free Blogging August 9, 2013
- Smoky Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeño Hash Recipe July 30, 2013
- Soft, Chewy, Melt in Your Mouth Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies Recipe July 14, 2013
- Southwest Shrimp Sliders Recipe April 16, 2013
- 10 Minute Gluten Free Vegetarian Mexican Burritos Recipe April 3, 2013
- Jessica: That's such a great idea, looks easy enough t...
- mom: try working 40-70 hours a week, single mom, full-t...
- Zucchini Bread or Muffins | Creative Cooking Gluten Free: [...] Featured on The Whole Gang’s Friday Fo...
- Friends and Kale Chips «: [...] too many cooks can be a good thing when you ...
- Oatmeal Brulee, It\'s for Breakfast! | gfe--gluten free easily: [...] of Leanne Ely)—all right here. The re...