These little gems are as much fun to make as they are to eat. Wait, that sounds like an old commercial. But, if you are looking for a low cost meal you hit the jackpot. I first saw pupusas at the DC United Soccer game. There was a little stand in the stadium that sold […]
This is the side dish I made in 2 minutes while my pupusas were cooking. Technically a pickled slaw is served but I didn’t think that far ahead. It worked either way. Ingredients: 4 handfuls Green cabbages sliced thin 1-2 jalapeno, seeded and diced 2 green onions, sliced both green and whites Handful of shredded […]
Every month Book of Yum hosts Adopt a Gluten Free Blogger. You’re supposed to make one of the recipes of whomever you adopt and then share a post on your adventure on the first of the month. This month I adopted Blog Schmog (aka glutenfree4goofs) and my adventures in getting to write this was nothing […]
Do you know what is really fun to do after a long day of work? Create a new margarita by mixing and tasting. As I write this I’m on my second Strawberry Margarita and happy with my creation. With this week’s Friday Foodie Fix secret ingredient being strawberries and Cinco de Mayo approaching, I thought […]
After seeing the results of my cooking time poll, most folks had 30 minutes or less to cook dinner. I’ve been hearing this over and over so I’m going to categorize which meals take 30 minutes or less to pull together. This recipe is tagged Minute Meals as I hope to help you create a […]
I love to have refried beans on hand. You never know when a party will break out or the desire for a Mexican meal. They go together well with so many proteins, vegetables and grains. Your options are only limited to your imagination. So imagine how you’ll use them! Ingredients: 1 bag dried organic pinto […]
These are my favorite “fun dish” I’ve made this month. They tasted so good. This meal would be great for company or any day of the week. I made mine on a Monday night! Ingredients: 1 pound ground chicken breast 1 pound ground chicken thigh ½ orange pepper, finely diced ¼ -½ red onion, finely […]
Quick easy recipe that can be served on a plate, wrapped in lettuce or a tortilla, on a bun or make them teeny tiny mini cakes and serve them on top of a tortilla chip! You get the idea. How will you serve up your black bean cakes? Ingredients: 1 can organic black beans rinsed […]
This is very quick and easy and everyone always asks me for the recipe. It must taste difficult to make because in reality, it’s not. Ingredients: 2 large ripe Haas Avocados (dark and soft, not mushy) ½ red onion diced Large handful of fresh cilantro chopped Celtic Sea Salt & Pepper 2 limes ½ orange […]
Ingredients: 12 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, stems, seeds and membranes removed 6 ounces cream cheese, let it set out to soften 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, or less, to taste 2 large cage free eggs 2 tablespoons organic milk 8 teaspoons of a […]
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- You Need to Read This Today October 13, 2014
- 5 Gifts From 5 Years of Gluten Free Blogging August 9, 2013
- Smoky Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeño Hash Recipe July 30, 2013
- Soft, Chewy, Melt in Your Mouth Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies Recipe July 14, 2013
- Southwest Shrimp Sliders Recipe April 16, 2013
- Jessica: That's such a great idea, looks easy enough t...
- mom: try working 40-70 hours a week, single mom, full-t...
- Zucchini Bread or Muffins | Creative Cooking Gluten Free: [...] Featured on The Whole Gang’s Friday Fo...
- Friends and Kale Chips «: [...] too many cooks can be a good thing when you ...
- Oatmeal Brulee, It\'s for Breakfast! | gfe--gluten free easily: [...] of Leanne Ely)—all right here. The re...