I grew up eating chicken croquettes and loving them. Who wouldn’t. Chicken, creamy, crunchy, salty with gravy. They used to serve these at HoJo’s, you know, Howard Johnsons. Growing up outside of Philadelphia I have a lot of food memories of foods no longer cooked in many houses. Ho Jo’s sold them and also the famous […]
This is one of those old fashion cook all day sauces that is totally worth it and really easy to make. It’s easily adaptable to ingredients you like or just the ones you have on hand. If you don’t have pancetta use uncured bacon or make this vegetarian and leave it and the chicken out. […]
I love Italian Sausage with spaghetti or with peppers and onions on a crusty sub roll, browned up in a hash, in a soup or on a stick. I just love sausage and it’s really easy to make your own and keep it gluten and dairy free. Before I started making sausage it sounded like […]
I’m always looking for ways to get good food into my family, especially my teenager who is the pickiest eater I have ever met. He’s even more picky than I was at his age and that’s saying something. For some reason I can usually get him to eat meatballs. I have learned to get really […]
I love gnocchi but I have not had any since I started living gluten free. Everyone told me making gluten-free pasta was easy and after I finally tried making it, I realized they were right. I’ve also heard that making gluten free gnocchi was easy, but you know I’m a show me kind of gal. […]
Don’t you just love those dishes that you take one bite and your mouth is filled with amazing taste that filters out to all of your senses. Well that is what we have here. It’s not one of those pasta dishes where the pasta is swimming in the sauce, instead the sauce just wraps itself […]
School is back in session and family meals can get pushed off for busy schedules. I know how busy it can get but instead of grabbing a boxed meal like a Hamburger Helper with ingredients that can’t even be pronounced, how about making your own. I promise this recipe takes the same amount of time […]
Summer time is the perfect time to fire up the grill and barbecue. I know you’ll love this sauce which is gluten free and vegan (no dairy). If you have subscribed to The WHOLE-istic Life newsletter than you have already received this recipe a couple of months ago. One bonus to subscribing. I thought I […]
You’re about to see two amazing things. First a Muffaletta sandwich represented as a burger and second, it’s gluten and dairy free. Soon after the fun Eat, Write, Retreat conference, Wendy from Celiacs in the House asked me to create a recipe for Lindsay Olives. As I mentioned before I had sampled them at the conference […]
Happy Fourth of July. For those of us in the United States it’s a day to celebrate. What a great day for a picnic and Organic Chicken Salad that is gluten and dairy free. It’s also a great night for fireworks. I hope you have sunshine all day and wonderful sparkles in the sky at […]
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- You Need to Read This Today October 13, 2014
- 5 Gifts From 5 Years of Gluten Free Blogging August 9, 2013
- Smoky Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeño Hash Recipe July 30, 2013
- Soft, Chewy, Melt in Your Mouth Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies Recipe July 14, 2013
- Southwest Shrimp Sliders Recipe April 16, 2013
- Jessica: That's such a great idea, looks easy enough t...
- mom: try working 40-70 hours a week, single mom, full-t...
- Zucchini Bread or Muffins | Creative Cooking Gluten Free: [...] Featured on The Whole Gang’s Friday Fo...
- Friends and Kale Chips «: [...] too many cooks can be a good thing when you ...
- Oatmeal Brulee, It\'s for Breakfast! | gfe--gluten free easily: [...] of Leanne Ely)—all right here. The re...