I just ate the best gluten free Mac and Cheese out at a restaurant that I’ve ever had. Yesterday was one of the worst days I’ve had in some time. You know one of those days where nothing goes as planned, nothing works out, things go haywire, technology is not your friend and it’s just […]
Two things I love to do, live in Santa Monica and eat out gluten free within a couple of blocks of my home. OK, maybe that was three but it is always great if you can find so many restaurants within a few blocks of each other to eat a gluten free meal. I live […]
June 20th was my 24th wedding anniversary and to celebrate we wanted to try a new restaurant to us. Shauna the gluten-free girl, was recently in Washington, DC for the Eat, Write, Retreat conference and raved about her meal at Bibiana. When a fellow foodie who also is very sensitive to gluten has a good experience somewhere, […]
Last October I was walking through the Reston Town Center and there was a huge line of people coming out the door of a new little shop. It was the Red Velvet Cupcakery and they were giving away free cupcakes. I of course was skeptical that I would get one but sure enough they had […]
This post originally ran in 2009 and I have since been back for another great meal. I will have to say it was a little more difficult with four people at the table, each with their own dietary needs. But I had a great meal and the view is amazing. The Slanted Door is a […]
This originally ran in October of 2009. I have been back to this restaurant again on my trip to San Francisco last year and it was still just as wonderful. My husband and I had an amazing dinner and I had a wonderful dessert that was not just sorbet. Still a great place to eat. […]
This review originally ran in October 2009. I’ve since been back many times. They have a complete gluten free menu but when it comes to gluten and dairy free your options a little less. I often find this a hit or miss place lately. When it’s a hit I really enjoy it. The other night […]
Originally ran in October 2009 but I’ve been back since and let me tell you it’s just as amazing as ever. I could live at this restaurant except I don’t live in California. Tropisueño is a taqueria by day and a full service restaurant at night that serves traditional Mexican food. My quest as always, […]
Below is the original review when I made my trip into Jaleo in DC. I have since returned last weekend as we celebrated my son’s graduation from college. We had a wonderful tapas meal for 10, all gluten and dairy free and a lot of vegetarian treats for my son who is also vegetarian. The […]
Originally ran this in 2009. I’ve been back since and the food is just as wonderful however the great waiter is no longer there. I can’t believe Poste, an upscale moderne brasserie, is ranked # 27 out of the top 100 restaurants in Washington, DC through the Washingtonian Magazine. I would put this in the […]
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- You Need to Read This Today October 13, 2014
- 5 Gifts From 5 Years of Gluten Free Blogging August 9, 2013
- Smoky Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeño Hash Recipe July 30, 2013
- Soft, Chewy, Melt in Your Mouth Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies Recipe July 14, 2013
- Southwest Shrimp Sliders Recipe April 16, 2013
- Jessica: That's such a great idea, looks easy enough t...
- mom: try working 40-70 hours a week, single mom, full-t...
- Zucchini Bread or Muffins | Creative Cooking Gluten Free: [...] Featured on The Whole Gang’s Friday Fo...
- Friends and Kale Chips «: [...] too many cooks can be a good thing when you ...
- Oatmeal Brulee, It\'s for Breakfast! | gfe--gluten free easily: [...] of Leanne Ely)—all right here. The re...