I had so much fun making the Salvadoran Pupusas the other day that were filled with pork, that I have been thinking about what else to use for filling. We had friends over for dinner and I made my Mini Tomatillo Chicken Burgers and Mini Black Bean Cakes with Creamy Tomatillo Salsa and served Strawberry [...]
About Diane Eblin
We’re now up to 17 recipes for Friday Foodie Fix-Garlic! Thank you to everyone who posted their links. If you have not checked since early Friday go back and follow the links to a wonderful culinary world using garlic. This week’s Secret Ingredient for Friday Foodie Fix is Shrimp. Don’t forget if you are looking [...]
Time to get our Friday Foodie Fix with this week’s Secret Ingredient -Garlic! I love garlic and could use it with every dinner. I however have to limit it to my four-day rotation in order for it not to upset my delicate digestive system. Have you ever added fresh garlic to a recipe and thought, [...]
These little gems are as much fun to make as they are to eat. Wait, that sounds like an old commercial. But, if you are looking for a low cost meal you hit the jackpot. I first saw pupusas at the DC United Soccer game. There was a little stand in the stadium that sold [...]
This is the side dish I made in 2 minutes while my pupusas were cooking. Technically a pickled slaw is served but I didn’t think that far ahead. It worked either way. Ingredients: 4 handfuls Green cabbages sliced thin 1-2 jalapeno, seeded and diced 2 green onions, sliced both green and whites Handful of shredded [...]
I have not made this pie since last summer and can’t wait to get busy on this again. I think this week I may use this same process and use the strawberries that are in season. What are your favorite berries? What fruit combinations do you bake? So far I’ve only found one problem with [...]
I often hear people say that risotto is too difficult to make. If stirring rice is hard then you won’t like making this dish. This meal takes around 30 minutes to make and has a short list of ingredients. When you serve it everyone will oooh and ahhh and because they think it’s so hard [...]
Finally, a weekend of sunshine. I love sunshine! I’m solar powered. I hope this will be a week filled with great food, family, friends and fun! Monday- King Crab Legs Tuesday- Pasta with an ostrich meat sauce Wednesday- Beef Brisket and beans Thursday- Jerk Chicken Breast Friday- Roast turkey breast, smashed potatoes and peas Saturday- [...]
For everything you ever wanted to know about our Secret Ingredient this week- artichokes, check out this post on The City Cook. There you will find out the history of artichokes, how to buy, cut, trim, and cook them and the challenge of pairing wine with them. For a pictorial set of directions on how [...]
Fast, fresh and delicious. I love when I visit the fish department having no idea what fish I’ll be eating that night. I buy what is wild caught, fresh and recommended. It’s really great when these are also on sale. This shopping trip the Chilean Sea Bass won out and I was very happy. If [...]
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- Southwest Shrimp Sliders Recipe April 16, 2013
- 10 Minute Gluten Free Vegetarian Mexican Burritos Recipe April 3, 2013
- Spring Asparagus and Olive Gluten Free Pasta Recipe March 25, 2013
- Fast and Easy Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe March 12, 2013
- The Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook February 26, 2013
- Diane Eblin: I have no idea. It's fresh so I wouldn'...
- Sharon S.: I love the Simply Dressed Ranch but I don't h...
- Diane Eblin: Wow those are great questions and I really don...
- loisstarr: Two questions: If I substitute oranges for clement...
- Diane Eblin: Lorraine once a day on the smoothie is good. ...