Last month the summer Olympics took place and you may have heard these athletes mentioned: Jenn Suhr, Dana Vollmer and Jeff Spear. Jenn won a gold medal in PoleVault, Dana won 3 gold medals swimming including setting Olympic and world records and Jeff competed in Fencing placing out of medal contention. What do all of these athletes have in common? They are all gluten free and are all featured in the book, The Gluten Free Edge.
But before you dive into the stories of these and other amazing athletes and how living gluten free has changed their life and their ability to compete, start at the beginning and read the personal stories of Pete Bronski (No Gluten, No Problem) and Melissa McLean Jory (Gluten Free For Good), the coauthors of this book. I’m guessing there will be some familiarity in them for you as there was for me. But Melissa’s journey began out of love for her father and is an amazing story. Don’t skip over these stories on pages 8 and 13.
The rest of the book is filled with amazing information about our health, our bodies, the food we put into it and how to achieve peak athletic performance and an active gluten free life.
The book includes:
- Inspirational profiles of athletes who are gluten intolerant, or who simply feel gluten inhibits their performance and recovery
- Sport, gender and age-specific advice for athletes of all kinds
- Principles for training and advice for dealing with accidental gluten exposure
- A thorough introduction to the basics of nutrition and how the body uses food for energy
- 50 simple, high-octane recipes that won’t leave anyone missing gluten
The Granola-Style Energy Bars and the Cherry Cabbage Recovery Smoothie taste amazing! But besides the smoothies and on the go snacks and trail food, you can find recipes for breakfast, salads and savory dips, lunches and dinners and yes even desserts.
The amount of information in this book is just amazing. It will be a resource that I will recommend to anyone and everyone who lives gluten free. You will discover answers that you may have been searching for a long time to find.
I want to give you a copy of this book. I actually have two I can give away. If you would like a chance to win this amazing book here is what you need to do. Pay close attention because this is a little different. You must do both #1 and #2.
If you can’t wait to see if you win, you can order the book on Amazon, The Gluten-Free Edge: A Nutrition and Training Guide for Peak Athletic Performance and an Active Gluten-Free Life(affiliate link).
This giveaway is now closed. Thank you to all who participated.
Here’s how to enter to win a copy:
2. Leave a comment here telling me if you have an active gluten free life or if you are an athlete, what is it that you do? Or, maybe you are in transition and you would like to move into a more active life. Tell me what you will be trying. Is it yoga, walking, Zumba, tennis, hiking, or anything else?
I will draw two winners from the comments but if you are not signed up for the newsletter you won’t win. So go back to step number 1 and sign up for the newsletter then leave your comment here.
Good luck to all. Deadline for entries is Sunday, September 9th at 10pm ET. I will notify the winner via email to obtain the address and them mail it out before the moving van shows up at my house. You will want to get your hands on this book ASAP!