You will also find each week there will be loads of information on that ingredient so even if you don’t have any recipes to share, you’ll gather some useful information.
This week’s secret ingredient is Green Peppers.
Green peppers come in lots of varieties. Most people think about the green bell pepper as pictured here. For this event you can share your favorite green pepper. I like the pablano peppers a lot and of course green hatch chile peppers. Bell peppers are a good source of vitamin C, vitamin E, and carotenoids.
How to Buy
Look for firm peppers with a tight skin and no wrinkles. Yeah I know, sounds like I’m discriminating against those of us who have seen a few summers but you want your peppers young. Also keep in mind these beauties love to hold on to the toxins in chemicals so please buy organic as much as possible if not every time.
How to Store
Pop them into the refrigerator in a paper bag in the vegetable drawer. They will keep for around a week.
Find your favorite green pepper and use them often. There are bell peppers and a ton of green chile peppers. Then roast them to bring out even more flavor. (don’t rince off the roasted skin or you’ll rince off the flavor)
Last Week’s Favorite Links
gluten free easily shared three great recipes:
Linking up Guidelines
- Share your own recipe using the Secret Ingredient. This must be your recipe, not copied from someone else. If you were inspired by another recipe you MUST ALWAYS note that in your recipe.
- Link the URL of your Specific Individual Recipe Post, NOT to your home page.
- Please link back to this post, not a static page so your readers can find the recipes here.
- When you link, please tell us what you’re sharing.
- This is a Gluten Free Resource so please make sure you share gluten free recipes.
- Recipes do not need to be brand new on your blog, just your own and contain the Secret Ingredient.
- There is no limit to how many times you can post on any given Secret Ingredient, just Link Back.
- Please use the FFF icon in your post and feel free to add it to your sidebar! Here’s the code: <a href=”http://www.thewholegang.org/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://www.thewholegang.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/FFF-thewholegang.jpg” width=261 height=256 border=0></a>
Next Week’s Secret Ingredient for Friday Foodie Fix is …Red or Yellow Peppers!
Now it’s your turn to share your gluten free recipes with green peppers below.