You will also find each week there will be loads of information on that ingredient so even if you don’t have any recipes to share, you’ll gather some useful information.
Make sure you check back to see what recipes have been added.
This week’s secret ingredient is Zucchini.
With 100 degree temperature outside today, I will be serving zucchini. This watery vegetable has a “cooling” and refreshing effect and acts as a diuretic helping to relieve water retention. Make sure you eat them with their skins on. Zucchini also supplies antioxidants and about half an adults recommended daily vitamin C intake can be eaten with a 4 oz portion (small zucchini).
How to Buy
I love to find the most locally grown zucchini I can. The skin should be a nice deep green and without bumps and dips. I prefer the smaller ones as I think they have more taste. I find the larger they get they loose flavor.
How to Store
Keep the zucchini in the refrigerator until you are ready to use them. They will last a good week if they are freshly picked.
Raw zucchini is great shredded into salads or tossed into your smoothie or juicer.
Last Week’s Favorite Links
Gluten Free Cat shared Spicy Swiss Chard and Veggie Stew
Tasty Eats at Home shared Simple Sautéed Swiss Chard
J and Me- Cooking Jamie shared Low Fat Fish and Chard Curry
Linking up Guidelines
- Share your own recipe using the Secret Ingredient. This must be your recipe, not copied from someone else. If you were inspired by another recipe you MUST ALWAYS note that in your recipe.
- Link the URL of your Specific Individual Recipe Post, NOT to your home page.
- Please link back to this post, not a static page so your readers can find the recipes here.
- When you link, please tell us what you’re sharing.
- This is a Gluten Free Resource so please make sure you share gluten free recipes.
- Recipes do not need to be brand new on your blog, just your own and contain the Secret Ingredient.
- There is no limit to how many times you can post on any given Secret Ingredient, just Link Back.
- Please use the FFF icon in your post and feel free to add it to your sidebar! Here’s the code: <a href=”http://www.thewholegang.org/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://www.thewholegang.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/FFF-thewholegang.jpg” width=261 height=256 border=0></a>
Next Week’s Secret Ingredient for Friday Foodie Fix is … Cucumber!
Now it’s your turn to share your gluten free recipes with zucchini below.