Pastelón is a popular meal in the regions of the world where plantains grow in great quantities. This dish is referred to as Plantain Lasagna, a layered baked dish that builds upon fried plantains. It has the sweetness of the plantains and the saltiness of olives all blended with ground beef. It has a wonderful flavor, […]
Will you join me in making gluten free pasta from real food? A short list of ingredients, 2-3 minutes to boil and fresh pasta is served. We’ll be using Jacqueline Mallorca’s recipe and I promise I’ll show you mine if you show me yours.
Today instead of just sharing my weekly menu I’m sharing my monthly menu for April as it begins mid way through the week. If you want to see what is on the menu for the first 3 days of this week or you may have missed a weekly menu plan, visit the Monthly Menu Plan […]
This week’s Secret Ingredient for Friday Foodie Fix is carrots. I love to munch on carrots and so does the Easter Bunny. Don’t forget to put some out for him. I love carrots. They’re delicious, cheap, great raw or cooked and pack in tons of Vitamin A. One of my strongest memories from being a kid was […]
Did anyone happen to watch the new show Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution? There was a premier on Saturday and the rest of the program takes place on Fridays for 6 episodes. I believe this Friday is replaying episode one at 8pm on ABC. The remaining shows are scheduled for 9pm. Did you watch Jamie Oliver’s […]
Roasted Red and Yellow Beet Salad with Avocado, Oranges, Red Onion and Toasted Pine Nuts Recipe – Gluten Free Progressive Easter Dinner Party
Wow, is that a mouthful or what. Alright now those of you who, like me, say you don’t like beets or you’ve never had them please keep reading. I had never eaten or cooked beets before creating this recipe but I said I would make the salad course for our Gluten Free Progressive Easter Dinner […]
Check out my gluten and dairy free menu for the week PLUS the Gluten Free Progressive Easter Dinner Party schedule! You won’t want to miss a day.
This week’s Secret Ingredient for Friday Foodie Fix is Lamb. Lamb is a sheep that is less than 1 year old. Baby lamb would be 6-8 weeks, Spring lamb is 3-5 months and regular lamb under a year old. According to the Food Lover’s Guide, when purchasing lamb let the color be your guide. The […]
What % of your grocery budget do you spend on on gluten free packaged products?polls This post is probably going to make a lot of people mad, but just keep in mind it’s my opinon and you’re entitled to yours. I’m really tired of hearing people whine about the high cost of gluten free foods. […]
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I hope you all have a day filled with luck and happiness. I know you’ll love this twist on a traditional recipe. As always it’s gluten and dairy free.
- Gluten and Dairy Free Toffee Recipe November 29, 2011
- Gluten-Free Kandy Kakes Recipe and Win This Cookbook February 25, 2011
- Gluten-Free Holiday: Christmas and Hanukkah Favorites- Chipolatas December 2, 2010
- Nourishing Meals Gluten Free Cookbook Review and Giveaway October 24, 2012
- Recipe for Gluten Free and Dairy Free Pumpkin Pudding October 22, 2009
- Easy Gluten Free Avocado Toast August 3, 2015
- You Need to Read This Today October 13, 2014
- 5 Gifts From 5 Years of Gluten Free Blogging August 9, 2013
- Smoky Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeño Hash Recipe July 30, 2013
- Soft, Chewy, Melt in Your Mouth Gluten Free Oatmeal Raisin and Walnut Cookies Recipe July 14, 2013
- Jessica: That's such a great idea, looks easy enough t...
- mom: try working 40-70 hours a week, single mom, full-t...
- Zucchini Bread or Muffins | Creative Cooking Gluten Free: [...] Featured on The Whole Gang’s Friday Fo...
- Friends and Kale Chips «: [...] too many cooks can be a good thing when you ...
- Oatmeal Brulee, It\'s for Breakfast! | gfe--gluten free easily: [...] of Leanne Ely)—all right here. The re...