Ok so I’m a little obsessed with buffalo wing sauce. I love it. I like to use it in many dishes because I can get pretty bored eating buffalo chicken wings all the time. Besides, the chicken skin can be a little fattening if eaten too often. I was craving the sauce and I had shrimp ready to cook so they ended up in the pan together. They tasted great and satisfied my craving for buffalo sauce.
No real recipe other than I use Frank’s Buffalo Sauce, which is gluten free and dairy free, and your choice of protein. Oh yeah, you don’t even need protein (see list below). Remember when cooking shrimp make sure they are dry before throwing them in the pan. You can serve this up with some celery and chips. You might need something to cut the spice.
Other ways to get your buffalo wing sauce fix:
- Hamburgers made with beef, chicken or turkey
- Chicken strips with no breading are great in salads
- Turkey legs- they’re huge compared to chicken wings
- Pork chops or any other shape of pork you like
- Fried fish- I usually use Pacific Halibut or a mild fish that will stand up and stay together.
- Corn on the Cobb- yes I told you I was obsessed
- Polenta- cook it first, cut it up into your favorite shape and then fry it up in the pan. Add the sauce after the polenta is brown.
So are you getting the point here? If you start with a mild palate for your sauce and you won’t go wrong. If you have a favorite or try something different I would love to hear about your creations. I wonder what it would taste like on lobster?