This was a fast and easy meal to make and eat. We actually dug in so fast I only got a picture of the tails that were left. It took 5 minutes prep work and 10 minutes to cook. I used leftover rice but if you were starting from scratch allow time for whatever rice you use, white or brown. I have a rice cooker and I love it. You can cook white rice and then let the cooker go right to warm until your dinner is ready. You cannot do that with brown rice in a rice cooker. Remember that most brown rice takes twice as long to cook.
- 1 medium organic onion cut in half and then slice it down the sides not the ends
- 2 chorizo links cut on a diagonal
- 1 pound large uncooked shrimp (26/30) cleaned, deveined and with the tail on
- 1 cup frozen organic peas
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 TBS virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp canola or olive oil (whichever you prefer)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Sauté the onions until translucent
Add chorizo to brown
Toss in shrimp and cumin
When the shrimp was half done add the peas and cover until shrimp is cooked. If the shape of the shrimp is a C it’s done, if the shape is O it is overdone.
Serve this over or beside a nice scoop of your favorite rice and you’ve got a great meal.